Chill games

Associate
Games games that you can play pretty relaxed, play while listening to music/podcasts and dip in and out of.

any suggestions?

I've been playing a lot more games in this style recently, just can't get the time and headspace to properly focus on big chunky games. My personal most played (and recognising that it's 100% personal) are:

Football Manager
Anno 1800 (I configure mods / difficulty so it's not a military challenge, just focus on building)
Valheim (pottering around inside the walls)
Factorio (with biters on passive or disabled)
Timberborn
Ship Graveyard Simulator 2 (still quite buggy but they're actively working on it)

Sounds kinky
Here's the free version:

Games games that you can play pretty relaxed, play while listening to music/podcasts and dip in and out of.
is it even possible ? to me audio books basically become background noise, I'm hearing it but not listening and don't remember anything that happened in the story.

Maybe eurotruck simulator works because it doesn't need a brain anyway, you could train mice to play that.

Maybe MS flight sim works too, you need games where you don't really think and just push buttons

Last edited:
PowerWash Simulator is my goto 'shift brain into neutral' game.
After I got the hang of Hardspace Shipbreaker it got repetitive enough to listen to other stuff while playing.
As someone who often needs to be actively doing something in order to concentrate on an audiobook, something as simple as jigsawplanet.com does the job.
I just upload a cool game or film screenshot to make a puzzle.

is it even possible ? to me audio books basically become background noise, I'm hearing it but not listening and don't remember anything that happened in the story.

Maybe eurotruck simulator works because it doesn't need a brain anyway, you could train mice to play that.

Maybe MS flight sim works too, you need games where you don't really think and just push buttons

Same. I can't multitask very well so the minute I start playing anything, My brain completely tunes out of music/podcasts.

Back
Top Bottom