**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Clairvoyant;30495596 said:
I dont have finger print listed. None/Swipe/Pattern/Pin/Password.

I cant find this bit "settings under settings > Google > search > Google assistant"

Which ROM have you got installed? Do you have the GA module for magisk?

W5QEZZD.png
iHN46n0.png

Sorry bit big cba to resize :p

Soldato
Clairvoyant;30496345 said:
I have that modules installed.

Im running RR-N-v5.8.1-20170210-kenzo-Nightly.

What version are you running.

RR-N-v5.8.1-20170207-kenzo-Nightly.

Not really sure why it wouldn't be working? May have to ask in the thread.

maj

maj

Soldato
My mi5 has suddenly stopped me being able to swipe away lock screen notifications. I have to pull the notifications drawer down on the lock screen to get rid of them.

Edit: this seems to be how it's always been in MIUI having googled it. I'm sure I could do it directly from the lock screen though.

Associate
So, what's the latest recommendations? I've had the Redmi Note 2 and the Redmi Note 3 (current). Not feeling like going Xiaomi route again. They don't seem to last me very long. Current one is getting a bit iffy now and again.

Soldato

maj

maj

Soldato
So, what's the latest recommendations? I've had the Redmi Note 2 and the Redmi Note 3 (current). Not feeling like going Xiaomi route again. They don't seem to last me very long. Current one is getting a bit iffy now and again.

Huawei range might be something to look at.

Soldato
Glad you got it sorted! I had no issues with Google services oddly, unless you mean with Nougat (I haven't bothered to upgrade as everything works as I like on my phone already).

Nope. flashed Marshmallow. I don't know what happened but the Chinese ROM had zero google stuff so I got the zuk_Gaps zip and installed Play Store and contacts but nothing would work. There was no option to add a google account. Looking at the zukfans forum i'm not the only one that seemed to have this issue. All is well now.

Soldato
Ok had my Zuk Z2 for a week now so here's my little review (coming from a HTC M7 which I had for 3+ years)

The phone cost me around £130 with discount and percentage off going through topcashback

Installed official Indian Rom which updated to latest version OTA (vpn)

Positives:

Great design. Looks much better in real life than pics or video
Top notch screen. Better than my M7
Google launcher is blazingly fast
Battery easily lasts a whole day. Standby from 7 am then checked 1 pm and only 5% drain.
Call quality is great.
Audio sound quality through headphones is really good
Video playback quality is great
4k video recording outside in good light is very good. Pretty impressed.

Negatives:

Slippery as hell. Put it on my desk thinking it was a flat surface and I could literally see it moving away from me slowly. Will need a good case.
Camera is not so great in low light situations. In good light outside its very good.
Sound quality through the built in speaker is average
Sound qulaity through youtube is off even if using headphones. Cant put my finger on it but if I listen to a song on youtube its as if songs are missing some instruments. The built in music player does not have this issue. maybe a youtube app issue. Not sure.

Overall very pleased with the phone. Its a huge upgrade from my M7. For £130 you cant really complain.

Associate
Ok had my Zuk Z2 for a week now so here's my little review (coming from a HTC M7 which I had for 3+ years)

The phone cost me around £130 with discount and percentage off going through topcashback

Installed official Indian Rom which updated to latest version OTA (vpn)

Positives:

Great design. Looks much better in real life than pics or video
Top notch screen. Better than my M7
Google launcher is blazingly fast
Battery easily lasts a whole day. Standby from 7 am then checked 1 pm and only 5% drain.
Call quality is great.
Audio sound quality through headphones is really good
Video playback quality is great
4k video recording outside in good light is very good. Pretty impressed.

Negatives:

Slippery as hell. Put it on my desk thinking it was a flat surface and I could literally see it moving away from me slowly. Will need a good case.
Camera is not so great in low light situations. In good light outside its very good.
Sound quality through the built in speaker is average
Sound qulaity through youtube is off even if using headphones. Cant put my finger on it but if I listen to a song on youtube its as if songs are missing some instruments. The built in music player does not have this issue. maybe a youtube app issue. Not sure.

Overall very pleased with the phone. Its a huge upgrade from my M7. For £130 you cant really complain.
It's been a brilliant phone for me so far. I only tried doing a voice recording in the stock ROM and the recording quality proved to be brilliant; it's the best I've heard in any phone I've had. After that I went straight to custom ROMs. This being the case, testing a Youtube video through headphones, it sounded exactly the same as listening on my PC. I also heard no abnormalities via the built-in speaker.

Costed me £130 after Topcashback too.
I'm really happy about the mic quality as I tend to use my phones as dictaphones at times. I watched loads of comparison videos on Youtube before buying. No other phone showed to be better in this area. The P2 has a huge problem with this.

Soldato
I have been looking at the lenovo zuk z2 but not sure about the build quality & lack of gorilla glass.
Was looking at the xiaomi redmi 4 before seeing the z2 specs.

The xiaomi redmi 4 looks a bit better built as it's metal, also noticed the xiaomi miui forums seem really active & there seems to be a lot of updates to the software :confused:
Want to buy an android phone that's going to get updated & have an active community of modders (for future ROM support)

Back
Top Bottom