**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
You could have a much wider variety if you used powerbanks instead. I don't know many phones recently that you can change batteries quickly.

That's not really an acceptable option for my use-case. Luckily, I found the LG G5 is massively underpriced compared to its competitors and found a reconditioned one for £200 which seems great.

Man of Honour
S5 won't turn on and need a replacement sharpish. I prefer to buy unlocked and second hand and last nice phone I saw was the OnePlusOne but have no idea about the state of play today. What Chinese phones should I be looking at? Or are there decent UK phones with my required features?

Must have
  • replaceable battery (or at the very least, a battery that lasts 24+ of screen time)
  • tons of internal storage for apps (too many phones won't let me install all I need on a daily basis)
  • good mutitasking ability (I don't play games so super fast not necessary as long as it's responsive when running lots of apps/Chrome tabs)
  • minimal lag

Nice to have
  • docks for recharging spare batteries
  • screen not too massive
  • clean minimal ROM or reliable custom ROM
  • decent back camera (don't gaf about front camera)
  • dual SIM
  • rootable

I have about £200 to spend on eBay (would prefer closer to £150 though). Any recommendations?

Lenovo P2, £199 SIM free from Three (plus £10 PAYG card).

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/lenovo-p2.18766460/

The battery is not replaceable but lasts a couple of day. It's 5100ma and this is the killer reason to get the P2.
32gb plus an SD card slot.
Extremely good 5.5" screen which is a perfect size in my view.
Dual SIM (can't use dual SIM and SD car at the same time however, which is pretty standard for dual SIM phones).
The camera is the weak point on this phone though.
It's very fast.

Associate
Lenovo P2, £199 SIM free from Three (plus £10 PAYG card).

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/lenovo-p2.18766460/

The battery is not replaceable but lasts a couple of day. It's 5100ma and this is the killer reason to get the P2.
32gb plus an SD card slot.
Extremely good 5.5" screen which is a perfect size in my view.
Dual SIM (can't use dual SIM and SD car at the same time however, which is pretty standard for dual SIM phones).
The camera is the weak point on this phone though.
It's very fast.

Hmm, thanks - looks nice and I've enjoyed Lenovo phones before. However, the removeable battery is non-negotiable and the second SIM slot being the SD slot makes it completely useless. I think I'm getting a much better phone in my G5 tbh...

Soldato
Ma I ask why the rigid rule of removable battery?
I used to think like that, but in reality, never really swapped the batteries over anyway!
Looks like you are a heavy user though so possibly an easy answer to that question :)

Man of Honour
I charged my P2 last night. I've used it quite heavily today for youtube, spotify, internet browsing and a few phone calls. It's still at 82%. A swapable battery used to be an essential for me too but with this battery I just don't care anymore. I could never go back to a phone with a smaller battery if it's not swapable. But with something this ridiculous it's just not needed. It even comes in the box with an adapter cable to allow you to use the phone as a charging bank to charge other devices. Nuts :)

Associate
I really like my Redmi Note 2 but got annoyed that none of the roms support 4g on both sims and that mediatek wont release source.

Do the new models have this issue? I know they started to lock the bootloaders is this still the case? and the other thing I noticed they appeared to drop dual sim support plus msd so one of the slots acts as both

maj

maj

Soldato
Can anyone running MIUI 8 try and install this version of quickpic? (The re-signed version). I have allow unauthorized apps to be installed enabled but it refuses to install.

Soldato
5.15" is a bit small for me and I would want to see some real world camera reviews as I've seen too many times things claiming that Chinese phones are going to have a good camera and in reality they are flawed ...

Soldato
Is there anywhere in the UK that I can pick up a 32gb/3GB Redmi 3S with next day delivery?

Just been on a stag do and being the silly boy i am lost my phone but would really like a Redmi 3S again instead of something new. Dont fancy waiting several weeks for something from abroad!

Back
Top Bottom