**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Ordered it from Geekbuying, to use on O2. Think it's on special offer for the next couple days. Global version has Band 20 thankfully.

Maybe end up being a little more if it gets caught in customs, but still a bargain I think.

Soldato
So I've had my redmi 3 for about a year now and I'm starting to get a bit bored of it, anything decent out there for about £150ish?
I'm also looking around this price point for a xiaomi phone.
Second SU6 had died and can't really stretch for a p2 so between £100 and £150 Is my budget but don't know which xiaomi is the beat one to go for....?

Soldato
HK Stock][Official Global Version]Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 5.5 inch 4G LTE Smartphone 4GB 64GB
£133 on geekbuyer says band 20. Is that company reputable? Will order later if its OK..

maj

maj

Soldato
HK Stock][Official Global Version]Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 5.5 inch 4G LTE Smartphone 4GB 64GB
£133 on geekbuyer says band 20. Is that company reputable? Will order later if its OK..
If you mean geekbuying then they are pretty reputable. I bought my Mi 5 from them as well as an Android box. Never paid any customs fees either.

maj

maj

Soldato
Because my AV receiver has bluetooth I can stream spotify from my phone to it however whenever I have my phone to go to sleep mode after one minute, it closes the spotify app which is starting to get annoying. I've had notifications asking if I wanted to add my receiver as a trusted device so that when phone is connected to it the phone would stay awake however this doesn't seem to be working and I can't find anywhere in settings to double check it has added my receiver. Other than setting my phone to never go to sleep I'm not sure of a way around this. I've noticed that when my phone auto locks itself when streaming it leaves the default 'Music' app open on the lock screen which I didn't even have open prior. Not sure why this would be but tempted to get rid of it all together. My phone isn't detected when I plug it into the receiver so it's bluetooth or nothing.

Soldato
Just realised that the note 4 doesn't have NFC! Might have to back to the drawing board, can't be bothered to start carrying my wallet around again..

Soldato
Because my AV receiver has bluetooth I can stream spotify from my phone to it however whenever I have my phone to go to sleep mode after one minute, it closes the spotify app which is starting to get annoying. I've had notifications asking if I wanted to add my receiver as a trusted device so that when phone is connected to it the phone would stay awake however this doesn't seem to be working and I can't find anywhere in settings to double check it has added my receiver. Other than setting my phone to never go to sleep I'm not sure of a way around this. I've noticed that when my phone auto locks itself when streaming it leaves the default 'Music' app open on the lock screen which I didn't even have open prior. Not sure why this would be but tempted to get rid of it all together. My phone isn't detected when I plug it into the receiver so it's bluetooth or nothing.

Chromecast audio. You can turn the phone off and it'll continue playing.

Soldato
Just plumped for a black Redmi 4X from Gearbest, 3GB/32GB. Got it with express shipping and insurance for £113 + whatever charge my credit card pops on for being a foreign transaction.

Anyone know what the likely customs charges are going to be? Its coming from the HK warehouse via DHL.

Fed up with this iPhone 6 so i'll be glad to return to Android!

Soldato
From what I've read you're more likely to get charged as you went for express insured shipping..

Yep, I ordered the Redmi 4X 32GB Global for £103 from Gearbest, just paid extra for insurance.

Let's see who pays more in customs :p

I'm not fussed about paying The import charges just wanna know how much they will be roughly.

I went standard shipping last time I ordered a Redmi from Geekbuying and it took over a month to get here, rather have it quicker!

Soldato
Just plumped for a black Redmi 4X from Gearbest, 3GB/32GB. Got it with express shipping and insurance for £113 + whatever charge my credit card pops on for being a foreign transaction.

Anyone know what the likely customs charges are going to be? Its coming from the HK warehouse via DHL.

I have been caught a couple of times and the charges were between £15 and £20. If it is coming via DHL they will charge you.

Associate

DHL charge £11 and then you have vat 20% on top of whatever the declared price is.

Credit cards tend to charge almost 3% for foreign transaction.

Back
Top Bottom