Choosing conveyancing solicitors

Soldato
One with a local office that you can visit in person. Not a national firm that is nothing more than a glorified call centre.

Out of the local firms with local offices that you can visit, narrow it down to the cheapest.

+1 to going local. We picked a solicitor in walking distance of my office. That way I could hand deliver any correspondence going back to them, and, hassle them in person if needed.

The solicitor still needed a size 12 up the backside though :rolleyes:

Soldato
I used a local firm of solicitors who offered conveyancing; 5 minutes walk from my work. Allowed me to drop off paperwork, pop in for a chat on progress and knew my estate agent.

Sure I paid a couple of hundred pounds more than faceless ones, but it was worth it in the end, as I had no issues in the end.

Associate
+1 for local. I used a solicitors' in my town centre. 10 minute walk from where I was renting. I was able to hand over various documents in person and they always answered the phone. Yeah, it was a little bit more expensive, but when you consider the cost of a house, it's not a massive difference and the service was worth it.

Soldato
We got quotes from a bunch them, then went with 2nd cheapest one after reading a few reviews online too. Turned out to be great, really professional and helpful.

Other than that I'd say go for a local firm with a branch close to you - that way they are nearby when you need to visit.

Soldato
Avoid conveyancers, use a local recommended solicitor.

Also avoid ones that are tied in with the estate agent.

This we used the same local law firm as several friends and none have complained yes they were more than the online options but they were very professional and theodicy is a 5 minute walk from my house!

Back
Top Bottom