• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Christmas has come late for me... opteron 170 just arrived :)

Permabanned
well im now moving from an opteron 148 to my first dual core opteron 170 :) it arrived from the USA this morning, (was starting to panic as it wasn't insured :/)
total cost was £109.88p including postage which was painfully good value but then im lucky as i have a friend in the USA who bought it for me and posted it to me.

unfortunately i cant stick it in yet as much as i want to as im waiting on a new motherboard... i have an Asrock 939 Dual SATA and have just snapped up a DFi Lanparty Ultra-D for £35, should also give me a chance to clean out the water cooling as i swear some things living inside my pipes... i occasionally hear it speaking :eek:

my aim is for a 3Ghz clock on each core, possibly 3.1Ghz for benching, we will see how it goes. Stepping is CCBBE 0610DPMW, there are a few mentions out there on the net of people hitting 3Ghz but i cant find anything concrete so hopefully the steppings fine.

will revive this thread once its plumbed in and benched.

p.s. if someone could tell me the minimum and maximum operating Voltages and also the acceptable temperatures for this CPU, i would be very greatful :)

Associate
Congrats on your new purchase!

I cannot help you with the voltages, but I would suggest putting some preservatives in the water to prevent bugs from grwoing and .... speaking to each other ;) .

The first that springs to mind is sodium azide used to preserve protein solutions for long period of time. Even some benzoate should be useful for quite some time.

Just my two pence.

Permabanned
OP
lucifersangel said:
Ooh. your Opteron 170 and Lan Party mobo combo. just buying that second hand off a good mate of mine. Looking good performance wise. When you get the voltages, would you mind throwing them my way too?

not at all, will post up full results, may even do air cooling V water cooling.

Permabanned
OP
Mr Mister said:
DOWN WITH AMD!!

:p :D

flamewar.jpg

Back
Top Bottom