city link saturday delivery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi, I didn't know where to post this, so I posted it here.

at what times does city link deliver on saturday? I bought my new gfx card from overclockers yesterday, I paid 18 for next day (saturday) delivery, but it still hasnt arrived yet.

is this normal? I thought I read on their site it was saturday between 8 and 12

can it still be delivered?

thing is, I am home alone, and the doorbell is really bad, which means I cant listen to music / watch films because of this waiting for my package...

Last edited:
Caporegime
I believe you're entitles to a refuind of the extra cost. However... why pay £18 for saturday delivery? I just don't see the point... it's a ludicrous amount of extra cash to spend just because you can't wait an extra couple of days!

Soldato
Firstly I'd edit out the swearing in the opening post!

Then try phoning the deliverly branch and see if you can go and collect it today, if you can make it there that is.

Associate
OP
because of time.

I sold my 7600GT to a friend of mine, and he needs it because he cant use his pc without it.

I have to give my gfx card to him, and I need the 8800GT, or I cant use my pc.

I know its a lot of money, but he would pay for the shipping as long as he got his graphics card today.

and for the amount of 18 pounds, city link should do a very good job.

Associate
OP
Firstly I'd edit out the swearing in the opening post!

Then try phoning the deliverly branch and see if you can go and collect it today, if you can make it there that is.

I changed the word with the word "bad". I had no idea this word was considered swearing on this forum. sorry about that. Though I did use the word in the meaning of
"refuse; rubbish; junk; litter: Will you clean up that ****! "

I checked the city link site, and you can't phone them up on weekends.

@ delivery, like I said, my mate who bought the 7600GT paid for it. I would never pay for this delivery myself. Still I think that it should be delivered considering the insane amount they ask for.

Permabanned
LOL I can't believe you thin kthe word "crap" is swearing...are you from the 19730's? :D

It's used by members and moderators alike daily, it's not a swear word.

I've never understood why people get offended by the word crap either, it's just a word made after the famous toilet dude Thomas Crapper.

Soldato
are you from the 19730's? :D

1871_car.jpg

:o :p

Associate
Lesson: Never pay for saturday delivery.

Well I think £18 is ridiculous. Considering one of OcUK's nearest competitors does saturday delivery for <£10.

To the OP, what time did you order?. Are you sure it even shipped on Friday as they did have a back log of orders to get through from the GT launch.

It is also possible to talk to CityLink on Saturday but only in the AM :(

Caporegime
at what times does city link deliver on saturday? I bought my new gfx card from overclockers yesterday, I paid 18 for next day (saturday) delivery, but it still hasnt arrived yet.

is this normal? I thought I read on their site it was saturday between 8 and 12

same here mate I made an order yesterday paid an extra tenner for saturday delivery and never got a despatch email. :(

order status is still "Order Status: In our warehouse queue" on ocuk accounts page.

Associate
OP
I ordered at noon ish yesterday.

I got this email from OC:

Dear Mr Chrissss, Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped

Goods Shipped By: City Link Parcel Next Day (Saturday Delivery).Consignment Number: ********.City Link deliveries are made between Monday to Friday or on Saturday morning if you have selected this extra cost option.You can track the delivery progress of your consignment here - www.city-link.co.uk/pod/podfrm.php?JobNo=CND46658 Consignments will be trackable at city links website from approx. 8pm on the day of despatch - or 8pm the next working day in the case of weekend or bank holiday despatch.

so the order has been shippd for sure.

If I go to the city link delivery, it says " goods on route to delivery branch" "estimated time of arrival : 03/11/2007"

Do Citylink have one of those annoying phone setups where they just won't give you the direct number to the specific depot in your area?

I haven't tried yet, because it says on their site that you can only call them monday-friday between 8 and 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom