Cityfiber 1gb fiber

Associate
Just came back from holiday to find that someone has dug and laid a cable down the street with branches going off to a little manhole cover outside each house ( surprisingly straight and tidy so i knew it wasn't BT ).
Found a sign that say its Cityfiber and talking to a neighbour he said that its something to do with Vodaphone and is 1gb fiber.
Now that got my attention as at the moment i have 3.5mb , so has anyone got this yet and whats the price as i cant find much info.

Associate
Do you live in Milton Keynes? I've been keeping an eye on the rollout of this, basically Cityfibre is putting infrastructure around MK which is going to be resold to residential customers by vodafone. I've spoken to them a few times and it seems that a trial of about 50 houses is going on at the minute with the aim to open it up to customers at about the end of August. I'll be looking to jump on that ASAP to bin off our awful landline.

Soldato
Yea, I am hoping CityFibre/Vodaphone comes to where I live. CityFibre is already in the next street serving businesses, I just need Vodaphone (who is doing the residential based rollout) to bring it to my street!

Associate
OP
Do you live in Milton Keynes? I've been keeping an eye on the rollout of this, basically Cityfibre is putting infrastructure around MK which is going to be resold to residential customers by vodafone. I've spoken to them a few times and it seems that a trial of about 50 houses is going on at the minute with the aim to open it up to customers at about the end of August. I'll be looking to jump on that ASAP to bin off our awful landline.

Yep Milton Keynes , BT contract has run out so will be looking at this.

Soldato
I've been trying to keep up to date with the Aberdeen rollout, Have they started yet?

Not round here. I haven't heard from Vodaphone at all and my last email from Cityfibre was in February:

Thanks for your email, glad to hear you were able to get adequate services from your current supplier. As it's quite early on in the project we don't currently have any materials to give to landlords about the benefits of offering full-fibre connectivity to residents, and you wouldn't necessarily need your block to sign up alongside you.
As I understand it providing your home is within the network plan, we'll build to you as standard in the FTTH project and at the least will go past your building. All we would need from your landlord is for the wayleave to be signed before we can do that final installation (the across the drive/land bit).
If you've registered your interest with Vodafone, they should keep you up to date on the process from this point.

I've gone to Vodaphone's page and signed up again to give them a nudge.

Soldato
Not round here. I haven't heard from Vodaphone at all and my last email from Cityfibre was in February:

I've gone to Vodaphone's page and signed up again to give them a nudge.

I'll have a look into it although I'm technically Aberdeenshire so probably not coming out my way.

Permabanned
Really anal point, but it's Vodafone

Yup, that's going to suck as their customer service is poor.

But... at least it's hedged on the CF network, not the Vodafone network... unless they're going to be stupid and route it through the Voda core. That would make it a pointless upgrade... but I don't think they'll be that dumb... or at least, it'll give them proper justification to increase the core.

I've seen them digging up streets in Peterborough too... really happy to see a proper push for FTTP rollout... it's a shame BT refused to do it, but at least others are.

I'm still loving my 1/1 Gigaclear connection :)

Back
Top Bottom