Civilization VI

Soldato
Pretty impressive but at $30 it's not going to gain much traction with the wider public, doubly so when it jumps to $60 from January 4th.

I'll probably buy it all the same. More features is also a plus and considering all the DLC they have given me for free so far because I bought the deluxe edition I'm not complaining. This'll be the first piece of DLC I have had to pay for.

Soldato
I'm not sure why but this version of Civ has failed to draw me in. I doubt that I would pay the asking price for the expansion because of that feeling about the game.
I still only have 21 hours of play time and yet I would have expected to have had hundreds by now.

Back to Cities Skylines......

Associate
I'm not sure why but this version of Civ has failed to draw me in. I doubt that I would pay the asking price for the expansion because of that feeling about the game.
I still only have 21 hours of play time and yet I would have expected to have had hundreds by now.

Yep this is a wait it out job and pick it up when they are all done and dusted and started work on Civ 7

Man of Honour

My current tally, according to Steam, is..

Civ 5 = 229 hours
Civ 6 = 278 hours

Now the caveat to that is that I obviously owned Civ 5 for a lot longer than I've owned Civ 6. So far, Civ 6 - despite not feeling like its clicked with me as much as Civ 5 , has in fact turned out to be played more. I never ever play solo on Civ though, I always only play multiplayer on giant marathon maps. I'm really looking forward to the expansion, the return of governors, individual city loyalties and 8 new civs is pretty good content for an expansion imo.

(something really nuts, is that my missus steam says that her tally so far for Civ 6 is 770 hours :) )

Soldato
My current tally, according to Steam, is..

Civ 5 = 229 hours
Civ 6 = 278 hours

Now the caveat to that is that I obviously owned Civ 5 for a lot longer than I've owned Civ 6. So far, Civ 6 - despite not feeling like its clicked with me as much as Civ 5 , has in fact turned out to be played more. I never ever play solo on Civ though, I always only play multiplayer on giant marathon maps. I'm really looking forward to the expansion, the return of governors, individual city loyalties and 8 new civs is pretty good content for an expansion imo.

(something really nuts, is that my missus steam says that her tally so far for Civ 6 is 770 hours :) )

Out of curiosity I looked at my Steam stats for Civ V, I bought the game in Sept 2010 and yet I only have 250 hours of game play, I really thought that it would have been much more than that...!
Cities Skylines at 400 hours seems about right.
I have never played multiplayer with any of the Civ games, my erratic playing times, and overall preference for SP, means that it has never appealed to me.

I would like to think that the expansion would be more meaningful to me but unless I get more hours into the base game, along the DLC I have already bought, it will just be another one on my ever growing list of back burner "bought but hardly played" games.

I have enough of those already...!

770 hours - simply WOW - I guess that you do the housework at home ;)

Back
Top Bottom