2004 Jose wins champions league
2005 Jose wins Premiership

2004 Rafa wins the uefa cup
2005 Rafa wins the champions league
2006 you up to it Rafa ? :D

Yeah I will buy that Dtab :D

Its Godswill :p

Soldato
Just watching the parade on sky sports news now, absolutly amazing to watch. Tens of thousands there. Makes me feel a bit sad that as a Charlton supporter il probably never experience anything like that but who knows :p

Associate
Frank Butcher said:
Just watching the parade on sky sports news now, absolutly amazing to watch. Tens of thousands there. Makes me feel a bit sad that as a Charlton supporter il probably never experience anything like that but who knows :p

Doubt any team could witness scenese like that mate other than Liverpool FC, take Chelsea for example, they win the championship for the first time in 50 years and only 200k people turn up for the celebrations in the biggest city on a weekend and they had many weeks to prepare for it,

BBC have said over half a million people have lined the streets to witness Liverpool bring home the European Cup for the fifth time, they have had less than 24hours to prepare, quite simply incredible!!!

Soldato
Tru said:
Can I ask what your logic is here? I've read it a few times and it's completely bizarre.

The CL places are decided at the start of the preceeding season, i.e 2 years before the commencment of the competition. You can't just chuck a team out at the last minute or tell them to cut short their pre-season.
I just meant for an organisation that's willing to let in up to four clubs from any into their "Champions" League, it's seems odd that they won't allow the cup winners back in. As I said in the other part of my post, it doesn't have to mean some other team has to cut short their pre-season training, or get denied their entry into the CL. All it would take is an extra qualifying match against one of the unseeded teams, surely?

Permabanned
Uefa are inept tbh
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/Kind=1/newsId=268457.html

This page is STILL directly linked to from the Uefa Champions League homepage ( http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/UCL/index.html ) with the title 'Access list 2005-2006'
What i want to know is who has been given the extra place that became available if they've taken away the title holders place.Some countrys' league must have been given an extra berth this year,anyone know who ?

nb not Portugal,cos their extra place is already on that list

The only reason Liverpool are currently not being allowed in is cos it will break uefas current 4clubs max/country rule,it has nothing to with available places - that is easily overcome.It's a technicality rather than a logistical problem.

Don
Weebull said:
I've heard a lot of Liverpool fans mention Aimar, but where exactly would you put him in the team?

Gerrard and Alonso are two of your best players, and if you play both of them, you then need Hamann in the side as well, to cover their backs. So that leaves the centre of midfield a bit too full to put someone like Aimar in, as good as he is.

Depends if Hamman stays or not, either way if we get Aimar i'd hope it owuld be something like this: Hamman / Alonso sitting infront of the defence Gerrard / Alonso / Biscan in the middle with Aimar / Garcia in the front of a diamond.

On away games 5 across the middle, Garcia right, Risse Left, Gerrard and ALonso in the middle with Aimar playing just behind Morientes / Cisse

Soldato
J.D.K said:
Doubt any team could witness scenese like that mate other than Liverpool FC, take Chelsea for example, they win the championship for the first time in 50 years and only 200k people turn up for the celebrations in the biggest city on a weekend and they had many weeks to prepare for it,

BBC have said over half a million people have lined the streets to witness Liverpool bring home the European Cup for the fifth time, they have had less than 24hours to prepare, quite simply incredible!!!

Yeah I would never expect anything like that :p

Going away to see Charlton play in Europe against a decent team would be good enough for me.

Permabanned
Youstolemyname said:
My bodyclock is totally borked after the last 48 hours in Istanbul....Im utterly exhausted.

Here's a short video I shot with my digicam just at the moment the reds got their trophy.

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=312C5VJEDGJVW2QCNDNBMAN7LU

Im going to bed now to dream of the silverware and Jerzy's saves from Shevchenko.

Liverpool FC- Champions of Europe. AGAIN!

Good Video clip youstolemyname :)

Man of Honour
Dtab said:
What i want to know is who has been given the extra place that became available if they've taken away the title holders place.Some countrys' league must have been given an extra berth this year,anyone know who ?

nb not Portugal,cos their extra place is already on that list

The only reason Liverpool are currently not being allowed in is cos it will break uefas current 4clubs max/country rule,it has nothing to with available places - that is easily overcome.It's a technicality rather than a logistical problem.

You are wrong. There is NOT, and never has been in recent years an automatic place for the title holders, so nobody has been "given an extra berth this year" at the expense of the champions. Case in point would be after Real Madrid won the CL in 2000, but failed to qualify via the league for the 2000-1 season. The Spanish FA took the decision to exclude Real Zaragoza (4th place) from the CL in the following season, and put Madrid (5th) in their place. The English FA has chosen not to do this, they have allocated the 4th place team (Everton) the spot ahead of the CL winner.

Permabanned
Ohh man im still on a high, this feeling is just fantastic,i hope it never ends.

Anybody make it to the parade last night, i managed to just squeeze into st georges square, what a night, the whole city was rocking even some of the bitter blues :D

I really must sleep, i have been awake for 4 days now,it really doesnt get any better than this, thank you so so much lads

Soldato
J.D.K said:

Not quite as simple as that as there are quite a few teams in London with a good following but in Liverpool there are 2 major teams. 5 in the PL and West Ham got a pretty strong following as well. You make it out like 200k is a small amount ;)

Back
Top Bottom