Clarkson's Farm

Soldato
2 episodes in aswell, it seems good fun and it didn't shy away from the reality's of farming livestock! So far so good!

I went to a agricultural college with a few farmers and can say Kaleb is not as unique as he might seem, those guys really would notice/discuss what he was pointing out with his enthusiasm! a strange bunch :D

Caporegime
Watched first episode.

I like it as I've always found Jeremy very funny and watchable and it's basically Top Gear farm in terms of humour etc.

However I didn't like the faux worrying over the money it cost and the profit lost by rain/bugs attacking crops etc. We know full well Clarkson is worth a fortune, and the owner of Amazon even more so :p.

I get that they are trying to highlight how hard farming is, but I just am not that keen seeing Jeremy get shocked or stressed out about the monetary aspect of it (as if he is actually going to lose any money).

Soldato
Watched first episode.

I like it as I've always found Jeremy very funny and watchable and it's basically Top Gear farm in terms of humour etc.

However I didn't like the faux worrying over the money it cost and the profit lost by rain/bugs attacking crops etc. We know full well Clarkson is worth a fortune, and the owner of Amazon even more so :p.

I get that they are trying to highlight how hard farming is, but I just am not that keen seeing Jeremy get shocked or stressed out about the monetary aspect of it (as if he is actually going to lose any money).
I'm certain he does care about the money. Every rich person I know all care about money more than poorer people, that's how you get rich and stay rich.

Caporegime
I'm certain he does care about the money. Every rich person I know all care about money more than poorer people, that's how you get rich and stay rich.

Possibly, but is he actually losing it himself, or is the bill footed by Amazon....

I get that he has to act this way for the drama of the show, but for me it is just slightly in bad taste. He has an estimated net worth of 50 million.

Soldato
Possibly, but is he actually losing it himself, or is the bill footed by Amazon....

I get that he has to act this way for the drama of the show, but for me it is just slightly in bad taste. He has an estimated net worth of 50 million.

I expect he is paid by amazon for the TV show, the actual farming costs will be his burden. I also expect his amazon pay is far above any losses on the farm.

Soldato
I expect he is paid by amazon for the TV show, the actual farming costs will be his burden. I also expect his amazon pay is far above any losses on the farm.
Agree with this, say Amazon paid him 5m for the series, it's still in his best interest to make a profit with the farm, but he also has to make it fun and entertaining so can obviously settle for a certain profit or break even.

Back
Top Bottom