Cleaned to a professional standard?

Associate
Wonder if you folks can help.

My girlfriend and I are due to move out of our rented accomodation at the end of the month. We have received a letter from the estate agents stating that the carpets must be professionally cleaned but the rest of the flat must be cleaned to a 'professional standard'.

What is a professional standard and who determines what the standard is? The idea was that we would pay for the carpets to be cleaned but do the rest ourselves. We are pretty capable at cleaning and have kept it in very good order whilst we have lived there anyway.

What I am concerned about is us wasting time cleaning and then being told that because we did it ourseleves it isn't good enough. I'd imagine plenty of the so called pro's don't do a very thorough job anyhow!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice. First time I've rented but the GF has before and got stung by her old scumbag landlord after cleaning herself.

Fortunately our deposit is held with a third party but I still don't trust the estate agents or the people doing the checkout. I do trust the landlord however.

Back
Top Bottom