Cleaning out your watercooling system. . .

Permabanned
Im gonna be upgrading to a 120.3 rad and changing my res tomorrow, so that means draining all the water from my system. Im sure that my once clear pipes are slightly cloudy from the water additive that I put in (although I have had worse with another additive). I was hoping that I could drain the water thats in it at the moment, fill it back up with water and some detergent, let it circulate for a for a few hours or so. Then drain it out once it's done.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

what kind of res do you have ?
any why the clean out btw ?
not sure about rads but blocks ( unless its a brazed block like an MCW6000 just unscrew the top and clean out with a tooth brush.
rhis really should be in the overclocking and cooling forum though ;)
Rick

R B CUSTOMS said:
what kind of res do you have ?
any why the clean out btw ?
not sure about rads but blocks ( unless its a brazed block like an MCW6000 just unscrew the top and clean out with a tooth brush.
rhis really should be in the overclocking and cooling forum though ;)
Rick

Res I have at the moment is a Danger Den Dual Bay, soon to be replaced with a Repack-Cooling Slot-In Aluminium.

I'm thinking of doing the same to mine the uv effect of the additive and dye i used is rubbish and my tubes are ever so slightly cloudy. Would be great if someone has a solution to flushing it through with something.

Watch out for anything that may be corrosive on either the tubing or the materials the blocks/rads are made out of. I flushed A LOT of distilled water through mine and white spirit and it worked a treat. I'm not sure if white spirit corrodes the plastic tubing, but I flushed it out afterward with even more distilled water so it's all good. Do not in any circumstances pump anything that can foam through there as the pump will just turn it into air instantly and it'll be SUCH a mess.

I know cilit bang work well if you take it all apart and clean it but it think it would froth if it was pumped round. I may try the white spirt idea i dont think it would corrode perspex or rubber.

Back
Top Bottom