Cloning iPhone setup to a new iPhone?

Soldato
hey guys,

today I received my new iPhone 13 Pro Max, and its lovely, it really is..but..

Usually I do a fresh install when getting something new, but I CBA with a lot of the apps that are heavy with security..

so, basically, I'm asking, if I do the "transfer data" to my new phone, will that be EVERYTHING, eg. I want my HSBC login with face detection etc..

Or will I still need to do more work on these apps to get fully functional?

cheers.

Soldato
It will only transfer the data that the app allows to transfer (often documents, pictures, etc). Your bank session is tied to the device (bank has authenticated this device, not another) and doesn't usually move and banks will require you to log in again. Your login info almost never transfers for most apps due to the way modern authentication works.

Soldato
OP
ahh, gotcha, I think I will setup new, and go to HSBC and get them to help me transfer over the account security. Really need my online banking!

Soldato
ahh, gotcha, I think I will setup new, and go to HSBC and get them to help me transfer over the account security. Really need my online banking!

Can't you just authenticate with the current app on your existing device? With Barclays I just sign into the new app, and authenticate it from the old phone I am replacing before erasing it.

Soldato
OP
Can't you just authenticate with the current app on your existing device? With Barclays I just sign into the new app, and authenticate it from the old phone I am replacing before erasing it.

just setup the new phone just now, gonna try your suggestion now mate, cheers.

Commissario
I've always cloned from one phone to the other, most things work, stuff like videos I've uploaded to VLC need to be re uploaded and bank accounts set back up again but that only takes a few minutes to do. I think it's a much better way than setting up from scratch.

Soldato
OP
prepping my phone for sale,

apart from erasing content on the phone, is it like the Mac with signing out of my account?

Or is it a straight "erase and reset"?

Back
Top Bottom