Colds.....an excuse for a day off or not?

Soldato
Wondered what the general opinion around here was on the common cold..

Do you ring in sick or not? I've got a stinking cold at the moment and im at work as per usual - i work in a school, so no real reason to have the day off

My friend also has a cold, she works in morrisons and is still in work today and doing overtime on top of her normal day, she does stock checks and office work so i guess shes not working directly handling the food.

My colleague on the other hand (you had to be realise there was going to be a bit of a rant at some point here) has a cold and does exactly the same job as me, he rang in sick to which im a bit ****** off because i knew he would take ANY excuse to get off doing work, as he's just plain lazy.

... now personally i don't see the common cold as a reason to take time off work, so long as you have a packet of tissues it's all dandy - but at the same time i understand that some jobs you have to.

Do you take the day off or not and if you do, is it because you want to or your job requires you to?

Soldato
OP
Going to work while contagious with even a cold is the height of selfishness.

no the height of selfishness is sneezing without covering your mouth, not keeping you hands clean and leaving dirty tissues everywhere, theres nothing wrong with working with a cold so long as you pay a little thought for others while your there.

Back
Top Bottom