Coleen Rooney / Rebekah Vardy - The Sun hacking instagram accounts?

Soldato
So this, from Coleen is trending on UK Twitter:

And it's bloody delicious, even if it is the first time I've heard of any of these ridiculous fake stories, and the first time I've heard of Rebekah Vardy (but realise that she's Jamie's spouse).

Now, of course, I initially took it as being a straight-up take-down of someone deliberately leaking stories to the UK's worst red-top (and I still hope that's true :p ), but I wonder if this could be the start of another 'hacking' scandal - did The Sun hack Ms Vardy's account, even after the fallout of the News of the World a decade or so ago?

And, yes, this is not real news, but it's bloody fun anyway :D

Soldato
OP
Would you consider it hacking if you told someone a secret and they told someone else without your permission?
My point on 'hacking' was the possibility that Vardy's account was being accessed by The Sun illegally. That they had 'hacked' it - so that Coleen was correct that the leak was from Vardy's account, but that it wasn't Vardy herself who was leaking.

Soldato
OP
OP, this isn't "hacking" by any description, its a straight up betrayal of confidence/breach of privacy etc.. and a smart trap laid by the victim to catch out the snake.

Yup, this was nicely played by Coleen, she's outed the rat and there are probably other WAGs out there who have had gossip published about them too and now have strong suspicions of who was responsible.

Eh? You don't know that. There is no evidence the account was being accessed by the Sun. At best Vardy could claim some staff member handle's her PR/social media and was the one who passed on the info but it seems quite likely it was actually Vardy - you have no basis to claim that "it wasn't Vardy herself who was leaking" and calling this "hacking" is silly... it just conflates this story with the actual phone hacking scandal.
I was just speculating, mostly as a response to how utterly delighted I was by Coleen's sleuthing and catching a rat - slightly mitigating my joy with the possibility that it wasn't all pure unfiltered bitchiness, lest I get too carried away.

Back
Top Bottom