Collective Java / Android Development Learning?

Associate
Hi

So, something I want to focus on in the new year is learning Java and Android development. In an attempt to make learning as easy and productive as possible, I wondered if there was anyone else out there that was thinking about pursuing the same goals and would consider teaming up?

My thinking is that if a few people (2, 3 or 4) can work collectively towards a shared goal whilst studying and sharing material / knowledge along the way, it has to be a far more productive way to learn.

Personally, I can power through dry material and absorb information like a sponge. However, the stumbling block for me is in the lack of collaboration, discussion and enthusiasm. I imagine that this must be a problem for other people too? Hopefully, this method can help to counter that.

What do you guys think? Is there anyone interested in this?

Associate
OP
Awesome!

I've not really thought about this in much detail (other than what I put in my first post), so it's completely up in the air on how it will work. I suppose we just see who else is interested and go from there.

Might be easier to talk on Gmail chat or something?

Associate
OP
Hi Chaps

I guess that the ultimate goal would be to develop an app of some sort, but what that is / would be, I have no idea. I suppose it depends on the people that join in on this and what they want to develop as a collective.

Soldato
I'm very much up for this as I have a couple of ideas to make, however my knowledge is basic Python and a few other languages, Java + Android is zero other than some basic youtube vids.

Just setting up the dev environment was a pita :p lol

Associate
OP
I'm very much up for this as I have a couple of ideas to make, however my knowledge is basic Python and a few other languages, Java + Android is zero other than some basic youtube vids.

Just setting up the dev environment was a pita :p lol

Drop me a mail via trust mate.

Associate
Totally up for this, please drop me an email via trust. I have commitments during the day but will be free in afternoons and evenings.

I have past knowledge in java, and in Android (to an extent). I created the spindroid fruit machine app which is available on the market as a final year University dissertation, but I am happy to go from the start again as I am sure there are a fair few things I don't know.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would love to be part of this and have some others to talk through stuff with. I've been learning Java with Eclipse and the ADK but I'm still very much a beginner.

What's the best way to get in touch as a collective, Google+ with hangouts and stuff?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom