Combining photo taken every day into a video?

Soldato
After seeing a video online sometime in 2012 of a dude taking a photo of himself every day then merging them, I thought I'd do it myself. However, I think his setup was a little more precise than mine (I can't find the video now) and he had a camera permanently lined up. Mine wasn't this precise, I take a photo with my phone most days...

Throwing it out there for ideas, can anyone think of the best way to get a load of photos of my face roughly the same size, lined up and coloured the same?

I've got access to Matlab if that brings anything to the party over PS or whether it could be done in another language. Anyone done anything similar, or is a better Googler than me?

The old-skool way I would do it is to load all the frames up in an avisynth script, open that with virutaldub (or virtualdubmod), and apply this deshaker filter.

Steep learning curve though if you've never used any of the above software.

I wouldn't worry too much about size etc, as long as you can see the progression.

I've seen a few videos like that and tbh, you get bored just watching a big face on the screen, it's nice to have different situations and backgrounds etc, makes you more human.

Any slideshow software will do the job of actually putting it together thought. I did one for my daughters first birthday, whole years of photos to her fav song at the time and its fast but it's good to see the changes, lots of different backgrounds and things going. I'll link it up later if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom