Comedian Jeremy Hardy RIP

JRS

JRS

Soldato
So sad about this. I saw him live a couple of times, including the night that police had to be called to the Brewhouse (art and theatre centre in Burton) because he made someone laugh so much that the woman behind her got angry and pretty much started a fight.

RIP Jeremy.

Man of Honour
I found out from a tweet from Mark Steel.

His radio appearances are what is lodged in my mind, not only his series but Clue and News Quiz too.

I didn't always agree with his political views, but when he started ranting about something, he always could make me laugh a lot.

Never again will we hear his pitch perfect, angelic voice singing crappy songs in a way they've never been heard before. Bringing audiences and even fellow music professionals to tears.

R.I.P Jeremy.

:(

Man of Honour
I didn't know he was ill, this explains why he's not been on The News Quiz for some time. Shame.

Not been on I'm sorry I haven't a clue either. Much missed.
Also as the Laird on You'll have had your tea.
Such a funny man sadly missed already.
Andi.

I thought they were just rotating in some newer guys to try out. Especially with the change of host of The News Quiz and Graeme Garden being ill. But seem it was more than that.

Clue have put up a lovely tribute for him. Showing the best of his amazing talent.

http://isihac.net/jeremy-hardy/

[edit]

Just heard todays News Quiz. Nice little tribute, but it sounds like they are planning a full on tribute show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom