*** Coming soon *** custom built laptops from OcUK

RTB

RTB

Associate
Hi there,

Just to let you know that in the very near future OcUK will be selling custom built laptops.

Screen sizes: 15.4" & 17"
Resolutions: WXGA, WSXGA+, WUXGA
Graphics: integrated Nvidia 9300m 256Mb, 9600GS, 9800 GTS, 9800 GTX card

With an assortment of CPUs [including Centrino 2's], RAM upto 4Gb, HDD upto 320Gb [500Gb due shortly] (or possibly solid state), DVD/Blu Ray, choice of O/S.

Standard will be webcams, wireless [with Shirley Peak on the high end], bluetooth & biometrics [on the high end].

Prices will range from the super affordable to incredible value for money high enders!

Laptop barebones arrive in roughly 2 weeks - watch this space!
Cheers,

Rupert
MD - OcUK

RTB

RTB

Associate
OP
This is indeed interesting!

Guess not going smaller than 15.4"?

How near is near? Parents need new laptop! Only need certain things

Hi,

Smaller than 15.4? Not to start with but where we go will depend on the interest level - which we expect to be good - so fingers crossed!

How near? Just waiting on the barebones delivery due in c.2 weeks, and then time to build, test, prep etc

Warranties will be a minimum of c.1 year [possibly 2] and probably 6 months on the battery.

Good to see there's some interest.... we'll be loading them on on the web tomorrow as pre-orders.

Regards,

Rupert

Associate
will the 17inch notebooks have a full keyboard including a numeric pad? also will you be using quality motherboards and screens? I was going to buy the HP 8710W but I will wait to see what you offer! a big thing for me is having SPDIF audio out like the Sony and Asus have + others

Soldato
Very interesting idea guys!

There is a major lack of custom built, or barebones laptops in the industry and I know it's something more than a few people would want to dabble in.

RTB

RTB

Associate
OP
will the 17inch notebooks have a full keyboard including a numeric pad? also will you be using quality motherboards and screens? I was going to buy the HP 8710W but I will wait to see what you offer! a big thing for me is having SPDIF audio out like the Sony and Asus have + others

Hi,

Details to follow within the next few days....watch this space...but we're OcUK we're in the business of performance hardware.

Cheers

R

RTB

RTB

Associate
OP
I wasn't aware there was going to be a 9800GTS, will be interested to see the price of the 9800GTX additions.

Will there be the option of SLI 9800's? ;)

Hi,

I'm not aware of an SLI solution as yet - it'd be great - but I guess we'll have to wait for that! We're just exploring the cpu choices as want to offer a good range.

RTB

LPL

LPL

Permabanned
What's the general price range? Will you be doing laptops for £300-400? Just looking for a single C2D really :)

Soldato
you have my money if i can get a laptop the same spec as a dell m1730 for less :) always glad to see ocuk expand itself with new ways to bring customers in :)

Exactly, if I can build the parts separately or pick and choose the parts I want to tailor make my ideal laptop then I can see this system being a success.

If the price of the separately comes under the price of an off the shelf laptop then we're cooking on gas :cool:

Back
Top Bottom