*** Commandos: Origins ***

Soldato
I didnt see a post for this and iknow many people have enjoyed the series on here.

ALARM! You have been selected for a mission which will shape the fate of the entire world. Witness the very beginning of the legendary elite WWII force in Commandos: Origins. The long-awaited sequel to the Commandos series brings you right back to the foundation of the real-time tactics genre. And to the days where Jack O’Hara, the Green Beret, and his five companions met to form the infamous unit sent to complete missions which no others would dare to accept.

In the hushed shadows of history’s most pivotal moments, where heroes are born and legends are forged, a new chapter awaits. Whether it is a daring raid, a covert sabotage, or a courageous rescue mission – the Green Beret, the Sapper, the Sniper, the Driver, the Marine and the Spy will need to combine their skills to meet the most challenging tasks. Your mission can only be achieved through well-thought planning and the smart combination of stealth and destruction that come with the unique skillsets of this elite troop.

From the icy plains of the Arctic to the vast deserts of Africa, from the western coastlines of Europe to the Eastern front, it’s up to you to lead your commandos to success in high-risk missions. Guide them in their fight against the growing Nazi occupation which is menacing the free world.

Links

Soldato
All depends on whether it is being marketed to consoles as well, and he level on control dumbing down that would entail.

Associate
Completely forgot about Commandos! I remember playing Behind Enemy Lines as a kid, I'd try so hard to play it "properly", all stealthy and hiding bodies etc but you could always guarantee it just descended into chaos and getting my butt kickled!

After a while I got alright at it but I can't remember if I ever finished it

Associate
loved Behind Enemy Lines and Beyond the Call of Duty, last played them according to steam in 2019 and 2020 respectively and played the hell out of them back when they released. couldnt get into the 2 sequels though, might have to give them another try. definitely wish-listed.

Soldato
Wish listed also as a big fan of 2 in particular back in the day.

Will stay optimistic and hope they continue in the direction of the earlier releases and catch the spirit. The gameplay trailer looks good.

Back
Top Bottom