A64 3000+
1gb Geil Golden Dragon ram
modded x800GTO2

vs

Shuttle SB65G2
Pentium 4 3.0GHz Northwood Processor
1Gb PC3200 Geil RAM (2x512mb)
256mb XFX 6800GT AGP

Actually I think it will be pretty close between the two, the Shuttle is clearly not the better but it will be about on a par for most things. It is true that the A64s CPU is better in most instances but the Ram won't make much of a difference unless you are clocking, the graphics cards will perform about the same(i'm assuming your GTO2 is at about X850 XT speeds? overclock the 6800gt and you are already there as well).

A[L]C said:
the only thing I was thinking, is the shuttle isnt pci-e is it? Im guessing that will make it harder to upgrade in the future?

The Shuttle will limit you to a 7800gs as the fastest AGP card you can get, however it would be a pretty pointless upgrade as the 6800gt isn't that far off the performance of a 7800gs already and will almost certainly match it when overclocked.

Here is what OcUK sell, I'd probably pick an Nforce 4 based one which means either the SN25P or the SN26P, difference between the two, other than £120 is that the SN26P can have SLi graphics cards which I don't think is worth it so go for the SN25P. You could try the ST20G5 but the chipset is less tested and I don't know so much about it, maybe ask in the SFF forum :)

Back
Top Bottom