• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Comparison of 1156/1366/AM3 clocked at 3.8

Permabanned
OP
And I wonder how well AM2 or S775 would run on those tests with a GTX 275?

Interesting, I sort of wish they would have thrown in a Yorkfield at 3.8GHz as well...I understand it's not a new chip but it would put the numbers into better perspective for prospective buyers IMO.

"Last, but not least, I only ran the i5/750 without turbo enabled and the P45/C2Q setup is missing. I am still completing those numbers"

Why didn't they do the game tests with all CPU's at 3.8ghz I thought that was the point of the article?

What gives you the impression they reset everything to stock for the game benchies? as far as I can tell these were run at 3.8 too, I think it doesnt specify on the graph purely because of lack of space, but Id be very suprised if they werent run at 3.8 seen as as you say its the point of the article

Permabanned
OP
bit of a late reply, lol

Techreport have since done some tests comparing platforms with gpu for in game performance, as can be seen from the chart below, at low res (cpu dependant situation) intel wins, however at higher res (gpu dependant situation) AMD and old 775 outperform new i5/i7, seen as how most people use a res around 1920x1200 this is more sgnificant

farcry2-scaling.gif

Back
Top Bottom