(Complete build) I think I'm close, can you tell me if I screwed up somewhere?

Associate
Hi guys,

I've read up on a lot of stuff last couple of weeks, but I admit I'm definitly not a pro. Good job or brutally honest, give me your best shot! Can you help me out?

https://************.com/list/BsPnP3

Just a few thoughts behind the setup:
  • I based this around the ryzen CPU and the Samsung monitor (144 hz / 2k);
  • I picked the 2600 with after market cooler (together 160 bucks) over the 2600x with stock cooler (190 bucks) because of the price difference. I think I can (learn to) overclock to 2600x speeds;
  • Motherboard is nothing fancy, but still has overclocking features while being moderatly priced;
  • Ram is very expensive for my taste, but everywhere I go I keep reading you NEED 3200 mhz / 14 cas timings -> what's your verdict?;
  • SSD is not the best, but it's cheap, faster than a sata ssd and probably won't cause a bottleneck;
  • The video card is powerful, quiet, cool and power efficient, but most of all cheap. I got a good deal;
  • The tower is nothing special, just a mid range tower with mid range noise and thermals. I think it will do the job fine;
  • The keyboard and mouse I chose since I do like the RGB (my MoBo and graphic card also happen have RGB, why not make it a party?), but they still seem a bit down to earth -> not to flashy.
I'm not a FPS player (love Anno though!), I love the Samsung monitor and I'm currently thinking of stepping in to machine learning. Hence the RTX 2060.

Love to hear what you think!
Cheers!

I think links from that site are prohibited. Looks good, nothing wrong with it at all. Speedy ram is important but it's no big deal because you won't be CPU bound as much as GPU bound unless you get a 2080 ti. Obviously, the longer you keep the CPU & RAM the better that "investment" will turn out to be but it's nothing to worry about.

What I would say is, investigate that monitor with an Nvidia GPU and how well it works. I see it's supposed to be able to do Gsync in a way as well, but others reported some issues with it being laggier with Nvidia GPUs than AMD when Freesync/Gsync is enabled.

You can find 16GB Corsair 3333MHz Cas16 RAM for $100. Someone recently bought Kingston 3333MHz Cas 16 and it worked fine at rated speed with the B450 Carbon. That'll give you a full 400MHz more speed v regular 3000MHz CAS16 (which ends up as 2933), with the same CAS timings, and it doesn't cost the earth.

For monitor I'd recommend the Asus Rog Swift PG279QZ which is going for $550. Friend of mine recently got one and it's great. Its Gsync will work well with your RTX 2060.

EDIT - my bad, the Samsung monitor is already purchased.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Thanks for the help.

I consider myself lucky that most of the comments are surrounding the ram and that I can downgrade in this regard. My biggest fear should've been a compatibility issue somewhere.

Since I've posted my build, I've heard a lot of people telling me it's no problem to downgrade the ram. I will definitly take this one into consideration when I finaly purchase my build. The way I see it now is: fine performance and less cost vs. more cost, but overlock abilities and maybe better results with machine learning.

Maybe I should've mentioned that I might wanna (try to learn to) overlock the ram. And on top of that I might want to start with machine learning. Thats also one of the reason why I chose an RTX video card.

Back
Top Bottom