Complete my Spec... Thx!

Xee

Xee

Associate
OK need some help completing my spec, as I have not looked at hardware for about a year and dunno whats hot anymore :p Not really looking to overclock (but would be a bonus), mainly looking for speed/stability. Will be used for lots of multi-tasking: 2D/3D graphics work, TV card, Games etc.

OK Im looking for dual core AMD 64 CPU, a fast Mobo (no bottlenecks, NF4), 2Gig of Mem (must be "2gig"), and best bang for buck PCI-e (must be Nvidia) graphics card to go with it. I would prefer if it had one of those exhaust heat sink/fans, that push the hot air straight out the back of the case.

As for CPU I'm looking at these two. Whats the difference besides the extra 1mb cache? Which is faster not overclocked or oveclocked?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ = £328.94
OR
AMD Opteron UP 175 Dual Core San Diego 2.2GHz 2MB Cache = £375.94

As for Mobo, I was looking at the DFI boards, dont need SLi dual card thingy, one is enough for me ;) (must be SATA II) Any ideas?

Please can some complete my spec with hardware that will be most compatible with each other using the above info, Thank You. (No budget as yet, but dont want to break the bank too much).

CPU: ?
Mobo: ?
Mem: ?
Gfx: ?

*edit* - Would I need a Seasonic S12 500W or 600W?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom