Complete youtube block

Associate
I have the domains below blocked at router level. This appears to work for most devices but it appears youtube will still work on xbox and an obscure android browser.

Can anyone help with what extra domains I need to block to kill youtube completely, or another way to stop it at router level?

youtube.com
www.youtube.com
m.youtube.com
ytimg.com
s.ytimg.com
ytimg.l.google.com
youtube.l.google.com
i.google.com
googlevideo.com
youtu.be
yt.be

Thanks. My kids are still young and not versed in VPN etc. I guess that may be a battle in the future. I think it's just some domain I have missed off the list. Youtube is like the thing, it just doesn't want to die.

I'm not that skilled myself, so how would I check DNS logs? Are they in the router?

Router is a tp link archer mr600 v3 4g. I'm looking to change it to something better. I don't need the 4g anymore, but the unlimited data is active for another year, so I'll put it in my phone when I find another router. I'll check what the android browser is.

Last edited:
I will check them and see if they are the same or not. Is it the case that the parental control won't block youtube if the device is using its own dns servers?

Back
Top Bottom