Completely cringe worthy moments

Man of Honour
What are some of your most cringe worthy moments?

I'll start us off. I bumped into a client at an evening event at a trade show who represented a national government we had worked for. He had employed our company to do some pretty important economic analysis for them and for us a big contract. I'd just necked a few beers and when he came over I thought he was someone else I had a more casual relationship with for a split second and patted him on his very bald head. I still cringe now several years on.

I'm sure I have more but so do all of you. What makes you wince at the memory?

Man of Honour
OP
I did have a very strange boss a few years ago (don't worry @Skidder, it wasn't you)
Ha!

I remember on an away rugby match at school walking through some town with my whole team and a nice looking girl catching my eye. I was giving her my best teenage come hither look and it seemed like it was being returned as I walked at full pace into a lamp post with my head. 15 guffawing mates pointing at me.

Man of Honour
OP
Actually got quite a good one from only last year.

I was on a work trip in the UK during the world cup. I was out on the lash to watch one of the England games with a mate I was travelling with. Had a fair few but not paralytic to be fair. Back to the hotel. I went to bed, no drama. Woke up a couple of hours later needing a wee. Got out of bed, naked and went to what I thought was the bathroom. Opened the wrong door and walked out into the corridor of the hotel. My door shut behind me, leaving me stranded in the corridor. Had to find and then use the house phone to call reception to come and let me back in my room. Large security guard comes up while I stand cupping myself outside my room. Glorious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom