Composite Door Quotes

Associate
Was wondering what you guys thought of these quotes? over priced or good?

Composite Door with full glassed left panel £1100 all in.

Or

Composite Door with full left panel/half glass half composite £1500 all in.

I expect a bit of movement on the price as it was done over the phone after requesting a quote online yesterday. The guy is coming out on Saturday with some brochures.

Cheers

Associate
OP
The quote is from a company in Milton Keynes callad 'DoorStudio'

Here are the doors, £1100 with glass left panel and £1500 with half composite/half glass left panel

with_panel.png

full_glass.png

Soldato
What make of door are they fitting?

Edit: Never mind, they use Door stop doors, should be cheaper if you ask me, there what we have and had 2 of them for less money.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies.

I much prefer the half glass half composite left side panel. Anybody had any thing similar recently? Trying to gauge what we should be paying, we live in Northants.

Also asked for a quote from Rock Door, who just forward your details to a local fitter. He's responded just waiting on a price.

Still no come back with Solidor.

Cheers

Soldato
Sorry to hijack thread but i'm thinking about getting our internal front door changed to a UPVC/composite door.

Its the single door in the middle then like misted single glazed panes either side and above which go to each wall either side.

We've not long ago decorated but i'm just curious if we get this work done and they rip it all out is it going to leave me a nightmare of a job in redecoration (i.e. potentially redoing floor, redecorating the hall and landing etc?) after the new door has been fit?

Associate
OP
The sales guy has been and gone.

We decided that we only want the half composite/half glass left panel option with the door and he would only budge down to £1350 from £1500. Still seems expensive.

He gave the usual patter, no call backs/lowest offer etc.

Left it that we had other quotes coming next week so wasn't going to agree on something we thought was too expensive.

Soldato
Seems expensive, we had two composite doors and a window fitted for £1200.

:eek: That was a bit of a bargain! I dont even think I could buy the doors and windows for that price.

As for the OP, it seems a tad expensive, but does depend on the door and security extras etc. What price were you hoping to pay? You could just ring them and say thats your budget and you cant go any higher, take it or leave it. Keep trying other firms until one accepts. There are loads of composite door/window firms about and they are all competing for work, don't just accept the first quote you get.

EDIT: Also I agree that the half composite/half glass looks a lot better, worth paying a bit more for I think. Nice looking door you have chosen.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The independent guy through Rockdoor came back and said Rockdoor don't do side panels (which is odd as you can design them like that on their website) instead he quoted me similar to the pic but with a Solidor instead.

That came in at £1496 ... :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ref Rockdoor, quite sure that's a load of BS.

I've had two Rockdoors now, One on our rental house (Elite) and another just fitted to our main house (Ultimate), couldn't be happier with the product and it does feel like market leading stuff.

Back
Top Bottom