Computer: *asplode* - random faults

Associate
Here is the computer i built tonight:
£74.95 x 1 - Intel Pentium 4 805 Dual Core "LGA775 Smithfield" 2.6GHz (533FSB) - Retail (CP-116-IN)
£144.95 x 1 - Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-121-SP)
£69.95 x 1 - Asus P5LD2-VM Intel 945G Micro ATX (LGA775) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-110-AS)
£61.95 x 1 - Antec Sonata II Piano Black Quiet Case - 450W Smart Power PSU (CA-040-AN)
Some cheap 512MB DDR2 and my old ide-hdd & dvd rom drive

As soon as i got the machine up and running i entered the BIOS, since i was planning to setup a new windows installation for dual processor functionality, I changed the boot priority to get the bootable windows cd to launch and restarted the machine.

Everything was going good but when i pressed enter to select a new windows installation i was informed i had no Hard Drive installed. That can't be true however since i could launch my previous windows install (it wouldn't load however due to it being my old install with all previous drivers etc) :mad:

After moving around a few things around i've managed to screw the enire project now whenever i attempt to boot the machine it runs and the fans spin but nothing on the monitor :-(

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated, thanks.

Update: currently installing windows woot! :D

Looks to be working fine, i'll update if i encounter anymore difficulties ;)

X1800XT
and
512Mb of ram

Games now days need 2Gb of ram to run at max settings. Even some games from 2 years ago need 1Gb to run at max. Even UT2003 will get stuttery with only 512Mb of ram :eek:

no_1_dave said:
X1800XT
and
512Mb of ram

Games now days need 2Gb of ram to run at max settings. Even some games from 2 years ago need 1Gb to run at max. Even UT2003 will get stuttery with only 512Mb of ram :eek:
It's a temporary solution -_-

Anyway i keep having the problem, it freezes in windows on the few occaisions i get in there apart from that i just reboot the system and all the fans seem to be on full speed :/

Also, i just managed to get it to boot up correctly, got into bios and whilst looking at settings (not changing anything) the system speaker started a constant bleep >.< No idea what that was, memory maybe ?

Back
Top Bottom