Computer re-boots after shut-down ????

Soldato
Basically as per the title, if I go to shut down and click OK, everything turns off but then instantly, the machine fires up again!!??!!??

Anyone got any ideas where to start??

Any help is appreciated

StevieP

ps. weird...most people have trouble keeping their machines ON!!! ;)

I've tried disconnecting the power and reset switch cable to the mobo & it still re-boots.
I've loaded the default values in the bios and its not made any difference.
It simply started after I reinstalled my system (done it again since to make sure it wasnt a dodgy install!!

Which cables should I be checking?? (and checking for what??)

Cheers, Steve

I would say check the motherboard connecters. Thinks like power/reset/etc. Something must be making contact with something else to make it fire up.

What happeneds if you pull out the power cable from your PSU and put it back in? Does it fire up or does it stay off?

Think I've cracked it!!!! :)

I removed a firewire card my dad had put in and when I did, the machine booted up - since its been out, looks like it stays shut down - must have been a conflict or something!?!?!

Thanks for the help anyway!!

StevieP

there may be an option in the bios to allow pci cards to wake up the machine. If the firewire card had an input it will turn the machine on if that option is enabled. That may have been causing the pc to turn on. Hope that helps if you need the firewire.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom