Computer rebooting...

Soldato
I've recently purchased an Enermax Liberty 500W PSU to replace my old Coolergiant as I felt the Coolergiant was too noisey. However since putting the new PSU in, its started rebooting randomly even when I'm not at the PC.
Have tried my old PSU back in there and its been fine since... pointing to the PSU being at fault.

Should I RMA it and get another Liberty or should I get the Noisetaker instead?

Associate
I would rma if I was sure I hadnt missed anything obvious in the installation of the psu. I just installed a 400w liberty in a machine and it is a nice design like the seasonics. I would probarbly try another one as the noisetakers have a second smaller potentially noisy fan.

Associate
Well if your old PSU works without any problems then it pretty much pinpoints the problem.

Personally I would go for another Enermax Liberty 500W as I prefer Modular PSU's. It may have just been damaged during transit, and the odds of getting another DOA PSU would be pretty remote.

Cerb

Soldato
OP
Another thing I noticed, is that it made a few clicks, kinda like something sparking inside when I turned it on (but not something sparking). No other PSU ive owned has made any noise like that... I'll RMA it tomorrow.. bit of a pain in the backside really. First Enermax PSU I've ever owned thats been dodgy:( I've built a fair few systems with them as well!

Back
Top Bottom