Computer Shuts Off, Restarts randomly?

Associate
My computer shuts down and automatically restarts randomly. It can happen 30'secs after it boots or 3 hours later. It always automatically restarts.

At first I thought it was over heating but it is not.

The only software warning I get is a driver ITBM on start-up which I have never been able to resolve.

Any thoughts? Here is the event log with error distributedCOM 10016

nbGWi4D.jpg

OOFd853.jpg

MOCSShk.jpg

Associate
OP
Can you take a detailed picture or two of the capacitors on your motherboard?

Here is a stock pic. of the ASUS PRO WS X299 SAGE II Workstation Motherboard.

Where do I look for the capacitors you want a pic of. They are pretty hard to see/photo with all the other bits and bobs in the system ?

lmcN0Yg.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Here is a stock pic. of the ASUS PRO WS X299 SAGE II Workstation Motherboard. Where do I look for the capacitors you want a pic of?

lmcN0Yg.jpg
Each of the little "barrels" that have print on top, usually near the CPU slot but check none of them have swollen abnormally or have leaked. These days they shouldn't be an issue but worth checking. Also just reseat any leads going into the board.

Associate
OP
Each of the little "barrels" that have print on top, usually near the CPU slot but check none of them have swollen abnormally or have leaked. These days they shouldn't be an issue but worth checking. Also just reseat any leads going into the board.

Thanks for the feedback. I have only had the board a couple of months. All the Capacitors look ok.

Associate
Distributedcom errors are network related where programs /services are asking for network connections but don't have the necessary permissions to do so, so get refused.

ITBM is related to the turbo boost function of your intel chip.

How old is the system and when did you last do a compete fresh install. Over time, things do get messed up and things like drivers that have access to low level hardware can get left in there from not being uninstalled correctly (perhaps as part of an update etc. )

As for the stability ... All your memory seated correctly ? Tried removing sticks and running with the minimum to see if s stick is causing errors?

Whilst not Intel, I had an unstable AMD system with a particular bios once. Would justf freak out and crash/reboot etc without warning.

All that sort of stuff upto date ?

Back
Top Bottom