Computer slow as hell.

Associate
Hey guys, just wonderinf would having large amounts of fonts installed slow down your computer on startup and other programs on the computer (programs which wouldnt load all those fonts)

I installed a pack of 25000 fonts ... yes 25,000 fonts... and since then my computer has been running slow, thought it just needed a restart but when it was logging into windows it took at least another minute longer then normal.

scanned it with adaware and it came up clean, it just seems to be slow loading and windows seems to preload all fonts before it starts up hense why its becoming slow.

Anyone know if i can stop this windows doing this, as i do a lot of graphical stuff and variation in fonts would be lovely.

My font folder comes in at 1.5gb

having loads of fonts will slow your start up time down, as well as word etc, remove any that you dont use (about 24,999 of the ones you just installed)

I know with older versions of fonts it slowed login right down. Dunno about XP though, my guess it would do. Do you REALLY need 250,000 fonts?

I think Control Panel has a font thingy, you probably can remove unwanted fonts there.

Yeah it is the fonts. One tip I have seen a lot on how to seepd up boot up time is removing unused fonts. your computer will have to load up allk of those fonts at start up which is why its taking ages.

Back
Top Bottom