Confess your guilty pleasures...

Soldato
Following a conversation at work a few days back it got me thinking, what are all your guilty pleasures when it comes to music, tv, film, theatre, books and so on. By this, I mean what do you quite enjoy that you feel you really shouldn't.

I expect the obligatory "i just watch/read/listen to what I want, don't care what anyone thinks"...but we've all got something that we like that we probably keep to ourselves.

I'll start the ball rolling..

Lady Gaga, don't want to like her but she's a damn good performer and her songs/music are really quite well written.

Lion King live theatre performance, I got dragged to this and then my jaw was on the floor for 2 hours, one of the best things i've seen.

Books wise I love the anne rice books, but everytime I mention to anyone I just get the "they're gay" response...it's such a shame that Twilight BS is doing so well, anne rice is leagues ahead of stephanie meyers in my eyes.

Babylon 5...star trek fans love to try and rip me apart for this, but B5 is possibly the greatest sci-fi series ever, a close second is BSG. I love how star treks fans claim it ripped off DS9 when in fact, it's the other way around, DS9 writers have even admitted to "borrowing" ideas and the arc formula later in their series. Also, B5 was the first series to run a major arc through all 5 seasons instead of stand alone stories.

I'm sure others will come to mind, but that's it for now.

Go on...confess, you know you want to!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'll admit to quite liking Girls Aloud's actual music and singing, as well as the obvious.

Same here, obviously they're given everything to sing, told how to dance and so on, but well, they're hot, music is easy on the ears and find myself quite often sitting through a girls aloud top 10 on mtv.

Soldato
OP
I feel the need to confess a recent guilty pleasure, everytime The Veronica's - Untouched comes on the TV, I have a 3 minute hornfest, however, I also enjoy the song dammit!

Back
Top Bottom