Connect a database and a phone app

Soldato
I currently have a Windows Phone 7 App that reads RSS links and displays them in an appropriate format to the user.

Sepperate to that i have a database with a table that consists of 4 fields. I want to be able to display that information using the RSS feed app.

Does anyone know how i can set the database up to work that way?

The database is an SQL database made in visual studios in an empty ASP website.

Do you have a specific problem with the tutorial visibleman linked to? It should do exactly what you want.

And yes, apps can happy read from databases themselves - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh202860(v=vs.92).aspx

There was no problem with visibleman's link, I am just looking at all the possibilities. I wanted to incorporate different forms of data subscription. I already used an RSS feed in a different section so wanted to see other options :)

You want to be using SQLite, its a very simple command line DB and it works on all major smartphone platforms.

The benefit is that you can easily migrate your app to another platform as the database is multiplatform. You can run it on an iPhone, android or windows 7 phone without changing anything in the database. The DB is local to the device so your not relying on a service.

Any Tutorials on that?

Back
Top Bottom