Connect case fan PWM to ARGB controller or to motherboard PWM connectors?

Associate
My Kolink Citadel Mesh case has 3 fans connected to an RGB controller (the RGB cables and the PWM cables all go in to it). The controller has 3 connectors coming out of it which are SATA, RGB and PWM fan.
I also have a RGB fan on my CPU cooler which has a PWM and RGB connectors.

I'm not sure how to wire this all up. The cooler fan can't connect in to the RGB controller as it has a different RGB connector type coming in to it from the case fans.

*** I deleted a long list of questions ***

After further research I'm wondering if what I need to do is to disconnect the case fan PWM connectors from the ARGB controller and instead connect them to the 3 motherboard fan connectors labelled SYS_FAN1-3. I would then connect my CPU fan to the connector labelled CPU_FAN1. This should allow my motherboard to control fan speeds, right?

Is the above worth doing or should I just leave the fans connected to the ARGB controller and control fan speed from that?

Dub

Last edited:
Soldato
I did a build in the citadel mesh micro atx and put all the stock fans on the suplied controller and just ran the cpu fan from the cpu-1 so the motherboard controls it.

There might be a way to connect the controller to the motherboard pwn headers if the spare header on the controller in an input.

Back
Top Bottom