Connecting Logitech x-540 to TV

Soldato
Have these in a cupboard gathering dust for years and would rather use them if I can rather than throw them out.

Is there any way at all to connect these to my TV and get the 5.1 sound? rather than using the fake button on the remote to simulate the surround sound?
I know I can plug a 3.5 into the top green slot and then RCA to the TV but thats stereo.

These speakers only have a 3.5mm jack on them, my TV has a 3.5/rca(5 connections)/digital optical etc

This is a picture of the back
logitech_x540_08.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I had the same speakers, tried, and failed to get them to work with my tv (would only work through the tv headphones out, which wasn't controlled by the tv volume).

Ended up getting a pair of Microlabs instead, which I still use hooked up to my main tv.

Soldato
To get 5.1 sound from the TV, it would need to output Dolby Digital etc, from any optical out it may have. Some do, and some are just stereo. Probably depends on the cost of the TV to some extent.

If it does, then you can get an Esynic digital audio decoder, which will take Dolby Digital/DTS from the TV and output to 5.1 analogue.

Back
Top Bottom