Connecting MSSQL DB to ASP.net Website with 1and1

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Remind me never to buy webhosting from 1and1 again their support has been appalling!

Anyway was wondering if anyone has managed to connect an ASP.net website to an MSSQL database hosted on 1and1?

My connection string is below:

<add name="StringNameCS" connectionString="server=dbXXX.db.1and1.com; initial catalog=dbXXX; uid=dboXXX; pwd=XXX" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

Which works fine when pointing towards my locally hosting database for development. When I upload it to 1and1 I get a Login failed for user 'dboXXX' error message. My code looks to be OK, but I may be missing something it needs on 1and1?

I'm not sure about your question, but taking this opportunity to rant about 1and1 :p

I registered a domain with them when I was in uni using my uni email address.
I'm no longer at uni and don't have access to that email address.
I can't log in to the account.
THey sent me 2 letters threatning debt collection if I don't pay for my automatically renewed domain.
Support would not talk to me because I wasn't contacting them from my uni email address... 3 emails, all 3 times they said they wouldn't help me!!

I actually had to email the legal team, and they walked me through the process to update my email address on file (scanning in a form & passport...)

I would move away as soon as possible!! :P

The error is basically saying the database credentials you've give are incorrect. I suspect it started working after they created the SQL login you're trying to use and/or allowed it access to your database. Either way it's their problem to get fixed unless you made a mistake with he username/password they provided.

Back
Top Bottom