Connecting to an OpenVPN from a CentOS5 server

Commissario
This is an odd request and I'm struggling to find a guide.

I have OpenVPN running on a Pi and I need to connect to it from a CentOS5 server and only have certain ports forwarded from the outside world to the CentOS5 box (a small range of TCP/IP ports and a couple of UDP ports)

I've generated a .ovpn file on the Pi but I can't find any guide on doing this. There are plenty of how-tos to install and configure OpenVPN server on CentOS5 but not about running it as a client.

/edit - My big problem is installing OpenVPN on the CentOS5 box. All the guides seem to refer to a repo which no longer exists. I think if I can just get it installed, I can make it work. Help!

It's a long shot but can anyone help please?

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
Actually came back to say I've found that command ;)

And it helps to have the correct 32bit rpm!

I'm getting there.
Code:
# rpm -ivh openvpn-2.3.14-1.el5.i386.rpm
warning: openvpn-2.3.14-1.el5.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 217521f6
error: Failed dependencies:
    liblzo2.so.2 is needed by openvpn-2.3.14-1.el5.i386
    libpkcs11-helper.so.1 is needed by openvpn-2.3.14-1.el5.i386

Now I need to find these two dependencies *sigh*

Associate
Just a quick note, CentOS 5 is end of life, you're no longer getting any updates, including security updates. You should upgrade to a supported version.

Commissario
OP
Yes, I’m fully aware of that. If the application would work on a newer version then that would be an option.

It doesn’t so therefore it isn’t. A newer version of the app is being rolled out and we will probably go to that on newer hardware later this year but for the moment, I have to work with what I’ve got.

Back
Top Bottom