• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Conroe Air Cooling

Soldato
Ugiol said:
between 18 and 20 mate
Are you sure the idle is 20C then, cos that's not right with an air cooler. Even at low wattage the deltaT should be 6/7/8C minimum.

Thermal resistance formula:
cpu dT = (cpu load T) - (room ambient T)
thermal resistance = (cpu dT) / (cpu watts)

A very good air cooler might reach TR=0.2 C/W
So even if at idle, using as little a 30W.

0.2 x 30 = 6 = dT

and

6 + 20 = 26C load temp.

Associate
Well it flickers between 18-19 sometimes but the most common temp its at is 20-21 just with a little borwsing. I'll download some more programs to monitor temperatures as im just using easytune that came with the ds4 at the moment.

Soldato
Vanilla_Ice said:
Sorry to step in, but I didnt think my query warranted a new thread.

Would a Scythe Ninja safely cool a stock E6600 without a fan?

Cheers,

ICE
Not quiet sure m8,but you could try it and if its not that good you can always put a fan on,depends if you intend to overclock your cpu.

Associate
I'd say yes, as long as you have good airflow in your case - but to be honest, the fan that comes with the Scythe is pretty quiet.

But like it has been said, try and it and see :)

Associate
Thermaltake Blue Orb II. Initially had the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro but had problems getting it lock into the mobo and was too scared to force it any further than what I had done already.

Associate
Fan that comes with scythe ninja is rated at 23.5db. It's fairly quiet, quieter than my dual athlon system that had 20db rated ystech fans. But today i'm gonna stick my zalman fanmate on it and slow it down making it quieter still.

Associate
Zalman 9500-AT here on a Gigabyte DS4. Going from a ThermalTake Tornado to this is such a HUGE difference. Heck when i first booted it up I was worried it wasn't working correctly since it wasn't spinning! I was later to find out that this is normal lol. Very quiet and it keep the temps at around 45 degrees at stock. (Tried overclocking but my VGA card goes a bit wacko, but i am going to change it soon)

Soldato
mr poo said:
Thermaltake Blue Orb II. Initially had the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro but had problems getting it lock into the mobo and was too scared to force it any further than what I had done already.

blue orb II i have as well, fantastic cooler pity its so enormous, its also very quiet and glows bright blue ;) it would laugh at conroe

Associate
OP
Gusev said:
Zalman 9500-AT here on a Gigabyte DS4. Going from a ThermalTake Tornado to this is such a HUGE difference. Heck when i first booted it up I was worried it wasn't working correctly since it wasn't spinning! I was later to find out that this is normal lol. Very quiet and it keep the temps at around 45 degrees at stock. (Tried overclocking but my VGA card goes a bit wacko, but i am going to change it soon)

:D

I should have a silent PC

currently in my P180, I have 3 case fans, and a Vapochill Micro. The LOUDEST fan in there, believe it or not, is the chipset fan on the mobo...

Soldato
mr poo said:
I just bought a TT Blue Orb II for my P5W DH + E6600 :)

Good to know there's no problem clearing the Northbridge and the Ram slots on the Asus P5W DH. I know there's a problem with some mobos and the Blue Orb II, so I wasn't 100% sure it would fit.

I know it'll look really good in my new case (NZXT Apollo) :D

Associate
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro gives me 28 C idle which I was very impressed with. I did wince a little at the force that I had to apply to get it into the motherboard though. The heatsink on the Gigabyte DS3 does restrict the direction that you can have the fan facing.

Back
Top Bottom