conroe board problems

Soldato
I just got my CPU today,i put it in to my computer but the PC didnt boot.

no beeps, no signal on screen no nothing....

i tried moving the memories and swapping the graphics cards around but no luck.

someone from this forum said if i dont hear any beeps with all the cables etc etc apart from power pins and switch signal cables on then its almost certainly a mobo failiure.

are there anything else i can do? im guessing its another bad BIOS

i already had one posted with the latest bios on.

what can i do now...

PSU- now changed to something else with 24pin but 500 w
HDD- hitachi deskster 80GB *2 (trying to raid)
RAM- corsair xms2 DDR2 5400 2*1gig
CPU- core2duo E6300 with some good heatsink
GC - x1600XT iceQturbo
storage deivice - 1 dvd rw and 1 cd rw
mobo- asus P5W DH deluxe with right BIOS (if they sent me the right one)

Last edited:
easyrider said:
sounds like the bios is not supporting the chip.
Can you not get another cpu to try?

wish i could.... its impossible. Im 18 and all my friends truely believe in AMDs right now.
They all take the micky out of me for buying intel as well...

its ok andyr :).

EDIT. so hangon.. that means they sent me the wrong BIOS? if i somehow get hold the propper one... and HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO EXPLAIN THIS TO RIZWAN.. he wont understand me... nor believe me

he thinks im trying to steel a lot of bioses after the letter with bios has had come ripped open.

Last edited:
WJA96 said:
Where about's in Cambridge are you? I'm in Thetford andf I might be be able to run a Presler over to to test it out. I've also got a known good ASRock board that you could test the Core2Duo in.

Send me an e-mail (in trust) with your address and availablity and I'll see if I can work something out.

ASUS don't make a habit of shipping duff boards and I suspect you just need a bios flash or something.

very nice of you to say such thing :)
i just emailed you.

i really do hope its a bios problem.

if things dont look good i might post them to you and see what you say of it.
(if you dont mind that is!)

Ok.WJA came over today and it has been very helpfull.

because he came we managed to findout that the problem was actually the motherboard.

we tested the board with a non conroe CPU which i coudnt have done as none of my friends has intels.

and id like to give him a BIG thankyou for this.

i have sent an RMA request to overclockers now.

M1keMK said:
Interesting, I have a very similar problem to you, my board wont boot with my X6800 in it. Ive tried everything. The bios has 0701 written on it, so theoretically the bios should be fine. I dont have another intel chip to test it with unfortunately, so i cant be sure, but it looks like it could be DOA too.

this is something someone over OcUK forum told me

if you pull off everything from the board apart from the powers and power switch plus buzzer. (take cpu off too)

turn it on and if the buzzer doesnt sound then its most likely to be the mobo thats cheesed.

well i tried non core2duo CPU with both bioses still didnt work though.

so four days wait if not a bit longer. thanks people

EDIT. just sent my mobo from post office first class. it was 11 quid. not bad eh

Back
Top Bottom