Conservatory as an office space

smr

smr

Soldato
Looking at a new house with a conservatory which i would use as an office space to work from home in... never had a conservatory before. It has no fixed heating or radiators and a tiled floor. Also has a large ceiling fan.

Will it be too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter or would one of those electric radiators warm it up enough in the winter... its a medium to largeish sized conservatory.

Many thanks.

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
heating and lighting/sun glare etc would be the main concerns for a home office.

In the summer I can imagine with a pc/laptop going and sun beaming in it would be unbearable for a long period of time.

Air Con might help - also consider thing like security of having computers/office stuff on show.

Thanks for the reply. Would having the large ceiling fan alleviate the heat in the Summer?

The Conservatory does have blinds on each and every window so I guess that would solve the issue of having stuff on show and the glare.

I think my main concern would be winter - with a cold tiled floor first thing in the morning on a frosty day and then the actual room temperature I could imagine it gets very very cold indeed - it's obviously double glazed but I'm guessing it wouldn't be that much different to actually being in a greenhouse?!

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
would it make a difference if the conservatory was quarter brick wall like this one?

95681_Laundclo_IMG_03_0000_max_656x437.JPG

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
I just spoke to a conservatory place and the woman said a lot of it depends on what material the roof is - if it's pilkington glass or something better it can make a big difference with it being a reactive glass.

It does have a glass roof but I'm not sure what type of glass it is. It is south facing though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom