Considering Options

Soldato
Ok so I'm currently just looking at my options going forward. Made a post earlier on how my PC got wet and currently airing the components out. So this is a good time for me to consider a few changes I've thought about making and definitely get rid of the case that I don't like.

So anyway, providing everything works again in a day or two, these are the current components I do have.

5800X3D
Lexar NM790 1TB
Samsung 970 Evo 250 GB
Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5"
Team Group Vulkan Z T-Force 32GB DDR4
RTX 2070
Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI ATX AM4
Corsair TX750M 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Some midi full tower case

What I'd be looking for is

a. Smaller, more compact case (preferably no vents in the top)
b. Most likely would require new MB depending on case?
c. New power supply that can support more current GPUs.
d. CPU cooler? I imagine depending on the case, it might not fit.

I think the other stuff should still be compatible with what I'd like to upgrade, or have I overlooked something obvious?

This would set me up in preparation for a new GPU down the line (so case would need to be able to fit current GPU sizes).

Doable for couple of hundred?

If you need a motherboard it isn't, that'll likely cost £100+ for MATX and ITX has availability problems, though I can see a few available.

A PSU is going to be £100+ too.
How much realistically would you say? When I say couple of hundred, I can go over that, just wasn't sure how much it could be done for.

So disregarding cost, I would be interested in some specs of different cost levels. If I had to put a limit, let's call it £700. Again, that doesn't mean I couldn't go higher, just didn't imagine it costing that kind of money.

While I contemplate going down this route, is there an alternative to the case and Artic Freezer 36 that is in stock you'd recommend?

Alternatively can you spec a new PC for around £1000, give or take up to £200 either side with things in stock? And as a third option, a decent laptop around that price range?

@Tetras Thanks for that, pretty happy with the way that looks. You mention about the none mesh cases, doesn't have to be completely none mesh, preferably just not on the top of the case or just a smaller area on the top as I might look at an alternative location to put the new PC anyway. So if there is a better option for a case with mesh and better airflow, please do let me know.

My main concern with the Jonsbo is the tempts it would produce during gaming. Any thoughts on if they would create an actual problem?

Torrent looks nice but seems the Compact size is even larger than the Jonsbo.

Only thing I've left out is the the M.2. Would the M2's I currently have be compatible with the new system? Also would the data need to be reformatted to work with the new PC?

Back
Top Bottom