Consumer rights on a faulty replacment item out of warranty

Soldato
Hi,

I have a product which I bought on 31st December 2005 at a shop which only sells consoles and games. Some point last year this product showed a fault and would no longer work. I phoned the manufacturers and got a replacement. That replacement then developed a different fault. Again I phoned the manufacture and got a replacement. As soon as I got the replacement it showed a fault (it was a refurbished unit). I then had enough and went to the store I bought it from and they swapped it for a new one. This was about 4 months ago. Now today the product has shown another fault and its out of warranty.

I have spoken to my Dad as we have had problems with company's before and have had to go through the small claims court. He says that items are meant to last longer than a year and the fact that this only lasted for 4 months means I am entitled to a replacement and I should go back to the store.

Now I am obviously going to do this but I wondered if there are any laws which are in my favour which I can go in with?

Thanks
Tob3z

P.S, Can you guess what the item is yet?

Soldato
OP
shine said:
Have you tried taking this up with Microsoft? They might be willing to help considering all the problems you have had.
Haven't done anything yet. Like I said it only happened today. But the turn around for MS is about 2 - 3 weeks so I would rather go to the store first.

Soldato
OP
VIRII said:
Because the 360 replacement from MS is very good on the whole I would go to MS.
On the other hand the 360 is only just over 1 year old and depending on my mood I would demand a replacement.
This is the thing though. The 360 which has now blown is 4 months old. So surly that works in my favour.

Also what happens if its now working. It crapped out and showed red lights yesterday. Today I put Just Cause in and it showed red lights 5 minutes later. Its like it overheats. Also if anyone is going to try and say I am not treating my stuff right/its not in a well ventilated area. You would be wrong.

Soldato
OP
Beansprout said:
5 dead 360s? Gotta be something causing it :/
Wow where did you get 5 from?
1- Red lights
2 - Refurbished unit Front ports stopped working
3 - Refurbished unit has a drive which kept sticking and jamming
Current one - Red lights.

The receipt which is when I bought the 360 has written on it "exchange oue to fault 4/11/06. Wow so its only 3 months old.

Back
Top Bottom