Convert a PS Layout to HTML/CSS

Associate
I have this design that used to be a WordPress site and was a modified theme.

template.png

The site wasn't maintained and I lost it all. So now I have started to try and create it it from scratch with HTML/CSS but I want it to be responsive. I haven't created a site from scratch in years so I am way behind on current methods. I have looked briefly at PureCSS as I want it to be salable for mobile etc.

How can I best go about this?

• Create the site in HTML/CSS then convert to a responsive design using PureCSS
  • Create using PureCSS from the start
  • Any other method?

Want to avoid bootstrap as its bloated from what I can see.

Cheers!

Associate
I wouldn't completely rule out bootstrap. Yeah its kinda bloated but no so much that it will make any difference to your loading times etc. The advantage of bootstrap is that there is a load of tutorials out there if you need them. Use Bootstrap v3 though.

A site as simple as that you can use pretty mush any framework you like
Looking at pure it seems syntactically very similar to bootstrap. Learning different CSS and JS frameworks isn't much of a challenge once you have the mindset of developing in one

Whatever you choose, certainly build with the framework from the start. Whilst it will be a steeper learning curve, if you don't then you will end up with a load of completely unnecessary CSS and you'll never know what does what when you convert it.

Also, do a PS of what you would like the site to look like on few different sizes. Its super handy when your building it! Don't just consider mobile and desktop though, with pure and bootstrap you have extra small, small, medium, large, extra large. Don't need to design for all but just consider them all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom