• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Coolbits: Detect Optimal Frequencies

Associate
How accurate is this? I've decided to finally to overclock my card and was going to use this as a rough guide to it's potential. Please please tell me it's the most inaccurate thing ever :D

Default core: 450mhz
Detected core: 463mhz

:eek:

Associate
OP
I'll try manually then. Still hope it was a bad detection. Are the 7800GT's bad clockers? Or did i manage to get myself a bad egg? :D Thanks for the replys.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Xez said:
Mine didnt clock very well mine was around the same :( You've got to remember 7800GT's have delta which add another 40mhz on when in 3d mode so you'd be running at around 500mhz core. I flashed mine to a 1.5vcore bios and it didnt really help either :p

Didn't quite understand you there :D What's delta?

Associate
OP
Xez said:
Not sure but i know it adds 40mhz to the core clock once its started to run in 3D mode. Rivatuner should show this too.

Hmmm i never knew that. In coolbits it says my 3d clock is 400mhz, and the memory is at 1000mhz.

Associate
OP
Xez said:
Yep it shows the clocks how they are but in the bios the delta is set and most are set to 40mhz. It will only add it to your core though. Your memory will stay the same.

I understand you now :D

I'm going to give the memory a go this afternoon. Hope i can get a good boost out of it.

OK. I feel really stupid now. The default clock speed isn't 450mhz it's 400. So i guess a 63mhz increase isn't too bad. :o :o :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom