NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
Cooler Master NR200P

CA385CM_254733_285x255.jpg

CA385CM_254734_285x255.jpg

CA385CM_254735_285x255.jpg

CA385CM_254736_285x255.jpg

Price: £89.99

Comes in black or white. Includes TG and Vented side panels, GPU riser cable, and 2x 120mm fans.

The MasterBox NR200P uses features normally found in stylish, high-end ATX cases and cleverly utilizes space-saving measures to create a chassis taking up less than half the volume. Every feature is thoughtfully laid out in an 18-liter space to maximize component compatibility, thermal efficiency, and ease of assembly.

Keep cool with a highly vented side panel, or look cooler with a crystal-clear tempered glass panel; both are included to satisfy performance and style preferences. Fit large graphics cards in the 3-slot capable NR200P, or utilize the two vertical cards slots with the included PCI riser to turn graphics cards and heads by making the GPU the centerpiece of the PC. Seven possible fan mounts, ample ventilation, and generous liquid and air-cooler clearances keep even the most powerful systems running at their optimum temperatures and speeds. The chassis frame is wrapped in a sleek and tasteful powder-coated steel chassis that makes a statement on a desk.

LIMITED SIZE, UNLIMITED OPTIONS
The NR200P includes many features found in larger ATX chassis while retaining a space-efficient form factor. The NR200P comes with a vented steel side panel for unrestricted airflow, and a crystal-clear tempered glass side panel to reveal the beauty of a computing beast, both are included and can be changed at your leisure. A PCI Riser is included for vertical GPU installation to better showcase it against the glass, or to feed it fresh air from the side with the vented panel.

UNRESTRICTED COOLING POTENTIAL

The NR200P can house up to 7 fans in total for every cooling configuration imaginable. Two 120mm Sickleflow fan are included. The compact structure can efficiently house CPU coolers up to 155mm in height and radiators up to 280mm in length, so even the hottest running hardware can’t be held back.

TRIPLE-SLOT GPU SUPPORT AND INCLUDED VERTICAL RISER CABLE

Triple slot GPUs are supported with a maximum length of 330mm and maximum width of 156mm allowing the fitment of large high-end graphics cards. A custom-sized riser cable is included to mount a graphics card vertically to showcase it, or allow radiator mounting at the bottom of the chassis to keep the system running as cool as it looks.

EASY, TOOL-FREE ACCESS

All external panels, including the tempered glass and top mounted fans are secured with pins for easy removal, facilitating quick access to the internals without the use of tools.

360 DEGREE ACCESSIBILITY

Every panel and frame part of the NR200P can be dismantled. Screws are used to secure the frame parts to allow advanced disassembly and multiple angles to easily work inside of the chassis.

MULTIPLE MOTHERBOARD SUPPORT OPTIONS

Compatible with Mini-ITX and Mini DTX. The PSU can be front-mounted for extra motherboard clearance with a maximum space of 244 x 226 mm.

OUT-OF-THE-BOX CUSTOM COOLING SUPPORT

Two liquid cooling pump locations alongside side and bottom radiator mounting locations allow for powerful, custom water-cooled builds inside a compact enclosure.

HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS

Thick, powder coated SGCC steel keeps the fit and finish of the chassis clean and durable even with harsh traveling conditions

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If I hadn't just bought an M1 :p

Interesting things:
  • The distance between the top of the PCI slots and the side of the case looks to be about the same as my Inwin 301. So 120mm tower cooler support (e.g. U12A)?
  • Top fan mounts are interesting. Any room for a radiator up there?
  • With the case extending upward beyond the motherboard, there could be enough space for ATX PSUs (140mm long) with a full length GPU.
  • It's likely between 15L and 20L in size.
I reckon this thing will sell like hot cakes. Doesn't even need to be particularly cheap. £150-£200 would be par for the course.

Soldato
OP
There's a chap from CM discussing this on Reddit. Seems it's even more interesting than it first seemed.

Prototypes have been in the hands of some of the big (in terms of case reviews) media outlets since January last year. They've been working with these people to tweak the design. This is both encouraging, and puts an end to the idea they're ripping off the Dancase C4; the current design for that case was only unveiled a few months ago.

It's from steel, to keep costs down, and shares parts with the NR400 and NR600 (and is likely to be branded the NR200).
No rivets, so it can be completely dismantled.
Supports 120mm fan tower coolers.
Supports ATX PSUs (but only the SFX bracket will be included).
The top will take a radiator. It was hinted that it'll be 280mm.
Full custom loop water cooling support.
Seems like there could be panel options (solid, mesh, glass).
Matteo couldn't talk about a release date. But he did state that some reviewers have had this case for a while (which seems to be the origin of the leak), and some retailers have stock. But Covid has delayed the launch. Seemed like he expects it to launch in the next month or two.

This case sounds great to me; the sort of thing a lot of people have been waiting on. Specific references to the likes of the M1 being far too expensive and talk of keeping costs down (e.g. omission of USB-C) are very encouraging. Could this be under £100? :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
needs to be cheap. no doubt it wont have whatever premiumness the other cases it looks like will have. atleast half price of the cases it has copied off.

Soldato
Quite mad how quickly this has moved from leaked images the other day to being able to order (in US anyway)...

Was in the process of going away from ITX but think I'm back in again with this case. Bit bigger and less premium than an Ncase but I think if there's nothing seriously wrong with it, it'll put a serious dent in their sales at this price point.

Soldato
Very interesting, I see the bottom is filtered which is the main thing that puts me off the tu150

Looking forward to the full specs, will it take a 2.5 slot full size GPU and does it come in white, if so I'm sold

Soldato
OP
Cool, not had chance to have a proper look yet but if it takes full size 2.5 slot GPUs and it's shorted than my Meshify C then I'm in

There's 3 PCI slots. So that should be a "yes" to 2.5 slot GPUs.

If the dimensions on the listing are correct then it's only 2cm shorter than a Meshify C. GPU support is listed as 330mm, so it's likely about right.

Soldato
There's 3 PCI slots. So that should be a "yes" to 2.5 slot GPUs.

If the dimensions on the listing are correct then it's only 2cm shorter than a Meshify C. GPU support is listed as 330mm, so it's likely about right.

Yeah I've just been looking at a USA listing for it, I think I got a bit over excited I really want to do an itx build.

I've also realised my 2600x isn't compatible with B550 and there is no way I'm sidegrading to B450 ITX so I'll have to wait until Ryzen 4000 series anyway

Still love the look of the case, looking forward to seeing some builds in one

Soldato
OP
I've also realised my 2600x isn't compatible with B550 and there is no way I'm sidegrading to B450 ITX

It's a pain, isn't it? I fancied a B550 for the USB-C header, but there's no way I'm shelling out £150-£200 for the board, plus another £250-£300 for a meaningful CPU upgrade.

It's not a great time to make the leap anyway really. ITX boards and SFX PSUs are in short supply and are way overpriced.

Soldato
It's a pain, isn't it? I fancied a B550 for the USB-C header, but there's no way I'm shelling out £150-£200 for the board, plus another £250-£300 for a meaningful CPU upgrade.

It's not a great time to make the leap anyway really. ITX boards and SFX PSUs are in short supply and are way overpriced.

It is, if B550 was compatible with my 2600X I would do it and get 4000 series when it comes out but as its not compatible I will need to wait. I'll stick with my Meshify C until 4000 series is out and then I can do a full new build and hopefully price settle a bit on components by then

In the mean time I'll get a new a GPU when they're released and keep an eye on this case

Associate
Now this has got me interested, was looking at the Nzxt H1, but this looks like this could be the one for my new build, as it seems to have better airflow than the H1
Will keep an eye on this one for sure.

Back
Top Bottom