Coolermaster 110 - Fan options

Associate
Hi All,

I've had my 110 for a couple of years now. However I recently built a PC for a friend using a Centurion 530. I was impressed with how quiet it was (had 2 x 120mm) fans in and it got me thinking.

I've got inside atm

FX53 - Retail Cooler - Going to put a SI-120 and 120mm Akasa fan.
X800XTPE - Retail Cooler - Might get an artic cooling silencer.

So.... I know my 110 has 4 80mm fans inside.

Question is whats a good replacement fan?
Do people recommend a fan controller?
Can you put 120mm fans in?

Regarding the fan controller - I know they don't usually fit with the door on but "puts on flameproof coat" - the door hasn't been on mine since day one as I have a SB Audigy with the breakout box and the door wouldn't shut :eek:

Suggestions including a dremel whilst nice would result in a pile of mangled aluminium - not so good with diy :D

I suppose the alternative (as I'm ditching the audigy) is to retire the 110 and get an Antec P180 - not a brilliant thought as the 110 was 200 odd quids!

Associate
OP
Heh :)

I already have a 201 aswell which has my backup system installed - my sister has conviently borrowed this for the last 12 months ;)

I think what I'm going to do is get some alternate fans, install the changes to drop the noise and put the door back on and see how it is after that.

If worst comes to worst get P180 and keep the 110 as a work of art ;)

Cheers

Associate
OP
Me again :p

One thing I have noticed and unless I've got some secret bracket in the original box is that the new PSU I've been looking at (Enermax Liberty) has a 120mm fan on the bottom. Well looking at my Enermax thats installed (80mm bottom and 80mm exhaust) I can't see that the 120mm is going to fit as the bracket that holds the PSU will cover a fair amount of the fan.

The more I look the more I don't want to look ;)

Back
Top Bottom