Coolermaster 330 elite

Associate
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has got a coolermaster 330 elite with say a nvidia GTX 570 and are the temps ok?

The rig at the moment is housed in a xigamtek midguard case, and I would like to switch back to the smaller coolermaster. I have noticed gamers are now building gaming rigs into itx cases.

Associate
OP
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has got a coolermaster 330 elite with say a nvidia GTX 570 and are the temps ok?

The rig at the moment is housed in a xigamtek midguard case, and I would like to switch back to the smaller coolermaster. I have noticed gamers are now building gaming rigs into itx cases.

What is the difference bettween the coolermaster 330 elite and these small form factor gaming cases?

Soldato
The small form factor cases hold smaller motherboard sizes. The coolermaster 330 elite holds ATX and mATX motherboards iirc. The problem with itx cases is there's not a lot of room to upgrade, and itx boards only have one PCI-E slot, which means only one graphics card/sound card or anything which uses that slot.

Associate
OP
The small form factor cases hold smaller motherboard sizes. The coolermaster 330 elite holds ATX and mATX motherboards iirc. The problem with itx cases is there's not a lot of room to upgrade, and itx boards only have one PCI-E slot, which means only one graphics card/sound card or anything which uses that slot.

Sorry I meant to put difference in temps, wouldn't a high end card cook in an itx case.

I might switch to the coolermaster 330 elite then it's smaller than the midguard, but still roomier than an itx. My concern was the area around the memory and back of the optical drive being too hot.
I have used this case before AMD PII 955 and AMD 6870 installed inside which left me with BSOD [only in BF3] but the error message was driver not equal or less. Changed the case and problem went away.

I have now switched to an intel 2500K and been using it since April and I have just purchased an Arctic i30 cpu cooler. It might be worth changing back to the coolermaster 330 elite.

Associate
OP
Ok thanks for your posts. MY PC:
Intel core i5 2500K: Arctic cooler i30
MSI Z77A-G43
8GB G-Skill RipjawX 1666
EVGA GTX 570

I mostly use this pc for games(BF3), but now I am looking at saving my energy bills and start playing games at 1440 x 900 with effects at least high.
I am looking to downgrade from a 750W PSU to 600W, and graphics card downgrade from a 570 to an AMD 7770 or Nvidia 650.
Or should I stick with the 570 and the bigger case xigamtek midguard.

Back
Top Bottom