** COOLERMASTER MH751/752 FIRST IMPRESSIONS **

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

Just received a couple of the new Coolermaster headsets, thought I'd drop some quick first impressions.

o6DnFgp.jpg

• Super Comfy - like REALLY COMFY
  • Decent clarity - audio could be a bit more balanced
  • Buy the MH752 (for the in line USB soundcard) if you don't have a desktop amp
  • If you have a desktop amp you can probably afford a better headset than this
  • Microphone is detachable so can be used out and about (also discrete styling/no RGB)
  • Cups are on the small side so if you have large ears they may not be for you
Will have these available to purchase online soon. Price should be around £80-£85

Are these Cloud beaters? Not at the current price, but on offer it would be a VERY tough decision!

Soldato
To say Zeos likes these would be something of an understatement. :D
Like the HyperX Clouds these are based on very decent headphones from the Takstar range, so a good base to build on.

Associate
Funnily enough I took delivery of a pair of these today, the MH751 version.

I had seen the reviews including Z Review linked above. I already have the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & AKG K702 headphones so just wanted something closed back, with a mic, fairly cheap and useable on consoles. I know you get better quality with a seperate mic, but for the very few times I use one convenience was my preference.

And I have to say that even after just a few hours I am really impressed. I haven't had the pleasure of trying the Takstar Pro 82's these are based on but can imagine the similarities.

My thoughts to add to the Op would be:
  • Isolate noise really well, making the external sounds muffled. Appear to leak very little sound.
  • Build quality is lovely. Rubberised coating material on the ear cups and cable.
  • Near perfect length, fairly short braided cable
  • Super comfortable. I noticed a slight warming of my ears after use, but I can't really think of complaints.
  • Soundstage feels pretty wide.
  • Sound quite balanced and neutral to me. Not bass heavy but I generally don't go for that type of headphone.
  • The accessories are all useful, if not as wow as the Takstar Pro 82 box. The MH751 includes a 3.5mm audio splitter and bag.
  • The look fine for use outside and therefore can use with my laptop on the go, which is a bonus (removable mic too).
  • Packaging is fairly impressive for the price.
I really like them. For my use case, absolutely perfect.

S0gVxUVl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Funnily enough I took delivery of a pair of these today, the MH751 version.

I had seen the reviews including Z Review linked above. I already have the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & AKG K702 headphones so just wanted something closed back, with a mic, fairly cheap and useable on consoles. I know you get better quality with a seperate mic, but for the very few times I use one convenience was my preference.

And I have to say that even after just a few hours I am really impressed. I haven't had the pleasure of trying the Takstar Pro 82's these are based on but can imagine the similarities.

My thoughts to add to the Op would be:
  • Isolate noise really well, making the external sounds muffled. Appear to leak very little sound.
  • Build quality is lovely. Rubberised coating material on the ear cups and cable.
  • Near perfect length, fairly short braided cable
  • Super comfortable. I noticed a slight warming of my ears after use, but I can't really think of complaints.
  • Soundstage feels pretty wide.
  • Sound quite balanced and neutral to me. Not bass heavy but I generally don't go for that type of headphone.
  • The accessories are all useful, if not as wow as the Takstar Pro 82 box. The MH751 includes a 3.5mm audio splitter and bag.
  • The look fine for use outside and therefore can use with my laptop on the go, which is a bonus (removable mic too).
  • Packaging is fairly impressive for the price.
I really like them. For my use case, absolutely perfect.

S0gVxUVl.jpg

Hi mate, do these other cables? I wanna use them with my Rift S :)

Associate
Hi mate, do these other cables? I wanna use them with my Rift S :)

They do have a proprietary locking mechanism, however they appear to work with other 3.5mm audio cables.

I tried them with a 'Fisual S-Flex Mini' cable I had from when I owned the Philips Fidelio X1's and this worked and fitted fine. However a 'TechRise Nylon braided' cable (replacement cable I purchased for my daughter's headphones) wouldn't fit. I think the 3.5mm cable has to have a very thin head/end on the adapter going into the headphone. A couple of quick photo's I took this morning.

4oPEVo2l.jpg
7nmB8EXl.jpg

It's worth mentioning the cable with the MH751 model is a 1.5m braided cable with the mic-mute switch and small volume wheel and is a pretty ideal length if near your PC/Console imo. Actually really nice cable and more convenient than many of my other headphones I've had, i.e. the coiled cable with the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro.

Hope that helps.

Soldato
They do have a proprietary locking mechanism, however they appear to work with other 3.5mm audio cables.

I tried them with a 'Fisual S-Flex Mini' cable I had from when I owned the Philips Fidelio X1's and this worked and fitted fine. However a 'TechRise Nylon braided' cable (replacement cable I purchased for my daughter's headphones) wouldn't fit. I think the 3.5mm cable has to have a very thin head/end on the adapter going into the headphone. A couple of quick photo's I took this morning.

4oPEVo2l.jpg
7nmB8EXl.jpg

It's worth mentioning the cable with the MH751 model is a 1.5m braided cable with the mic-mute switch and small volume wheel and is a pretty ideal length if near your PC/Console imo. Actually really nice cable and more convenient than many of my other headphones I've had, i.e. the coiled cable with the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much! Is there any chance you own a VR headset or Rift S? I'm going to pull the trigger on these and can only pray they fit over the Rift S's stupid halo headband.

Associate
Thank you so much! Is there any chance you own a VR headset or Rift S? I'm going to pull the trigger on these and can only pray they fit over the Rift S's stupid halo headband.

No worries and sorry I don't own any VR headsets. Strictly a '2D' gamer on console and PC. My gut feeling is that they would be quite cumbersome and maybe not the best headset for use with VR. But that may be completely wrong.

Given the MH751 is just a Takstar Pro 82 - does that yield any other user feedback?

Otherwise good luck.

Back
Top Bottom